What is involved in Operations Support System
Find out what the related areas are that Operations Support System connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Operations Support System thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Operations Support System journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Operations Support System leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Operations Support System related domains to cover and 111 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Operations Support System, Access network, Business support system, Computer system, Configuration management, Customer service, DSL Forum, Data entry clerk, Digital Equipment Corporation, Fault management, Hardware Information Navigational Tool, ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector, International Organization for Standardization, Loop Maintenance Operations System, Network element, Remote Memory Administration System, Service Evaluation System, Service assurance, Service delivery platform, Service fulfillment, Simple Network Management Protocol, Software applications, Switching Control Center System, TM Forum, Telcordia Technologies, Telecommunications Management Network, Telecommunications service providers, Telephone company, Telephone exchange, Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System:
Operations Support System Critical Criteria:
See the value of Operations Support System projects and finalize specific methods for Operations Support System acceptance.
– what is the best design framework for Operations Support System organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Do we all define Operations Support System in the same way?
– Why should we adopt a Operations Support System framework?
Access network Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Access network leadership and look at the big picture.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Operations Support System strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How will you know that the Operations Support System project has been successful?
Business support system Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Business support system visions and catalog Business support system activities.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Operations Support System does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is the Operations Support System organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Think of your Operations Support System project. what are the main functions?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Mix Computer system failures and do something to it.
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Operations Support System been identified and analyzed?
– How do we Identify specific Operations Support System investment and emerging trends?
– Is a Operations Support System Team Work effort in place?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Configuration management leadership and intervene in Configuration management processes and leadership.
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– Is the test and analysis data available and are the variances to the test results identified and updated?
– Can we answer questions like: Are compliance and audit checks performed on a regular basis?
– Can we answer questions like: Has the change specified been made without modifications?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– Is there a Material Condition and Aging Management program in place?
– Is the correct versions of the compiler and other tools specified?
– Which is the correct combination of concepts and itil processes?
– Are periodic effectiveness assessment done on your CM Program?
– Has an initial assessments of your CM Program been conducted?
– What metrics should be used to assess changes to a baseline?
– Has an initial assessment of your cm program been conducted?
– How is information to be collected, stored and reported?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
– How is the current software configuration defined?
– Do design documents match inventory reports?
– What test mechanisms do we have in place?
– So what needs to be under scm?
– What should be in the plan?
– Implemented as proposed?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Understand Customer service goals and question.
– How do you feel about having to self-disclose personal information (e.g., social security or drivers license number or birth dates) in a Customer Service environment. do your views or preferences might affect the way that you provide service to others?
– What is your general confidence level of the quality of information Customer Service delivers?
– What are the three most important things we need to focus on to improve Customer Service?
– What kind of qualities would staff members who deliver stellar Customer Service possess?
– Do we End each day with a sense of personal accomplishment and fulfillment?
– CRM and Customer Service: Strategic Asset or Corporate Overhead?
– Are our most unhappy customers our greatest source of learning?
– Do we include enough information without over-explaining?
– How can verbal feedback affect customer encounters?
– How would you define outstanding Customer Service?
– What helps us to keep commitments to customers?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– Are our messages friendly and respectful?
– How do you currently manage complaints?
– Are your people easy to deal with?
– What really is Customer Service?
– Are your systems easy to use?
– Why does your company exist?
– So WHY Do WE Care?
– Why do scripting?
DSL Forum Critical Criteria:
Have a session on DSL Forum tasks and question.
– How can you negotiate Operations Support System successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Operations Support System goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Data entry clerk Critical Criteria:
Examine Data entry clerk management and check on ways to get started with Data entry clerk.
– In the case of a Operations Support System project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Operations Support System project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Operations Support System project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What is Effective Operations Support System?
Digital Equipment Corporation Critical Criteria:
Study Digital Equipment Corporation projects and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the key elements of your Operations Support System performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Which Operations Support System goals are the most important?
– Are we Assessing Operations Support System and Risk?
Fault management Critical Criteria:
Study Fault management failures and interpret which customers can’t participate in Fault management because they lack skills.
– Which customers cant participate in our Operations Support System domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Operations Support System project?
Hardware Information Navigational Tool Critical Criteria:
Systematize Hardware Information Navigational Tool goals and ask what if.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Operations Support System activities?
– What are the short and long-term Operations Support System goals?
– How can we improve Operations Support System?
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector Critical Criteria:
Analyze ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector decisions and create ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector explanations for all managers.
– Consider your own Operations Support System project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Operations Support System is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Define International Organization for Standardization engagements and visualize why should people listen to you regarding International Organization for Standardization.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Operations Support System strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are our needs in relation to Operations Support System skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How can the value of Operations Support System be defined?
Loop Maintenance Operations System Critical Criteria:
Judge Loop Maintenance Operations System visions and shift your focus.
– Is there any existing Operations Support System governance structure?
– What are our Operations Support System Processes?
– How much does Operations Support System help?
Network element Critical Criteria:
Focus on Network element issues and attract Network element skills.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Operations Support System?
– How do we Lead with Operations Support System in Mind?
Remote Memory Administration System Critical Criteria:
Confer over Remote Memory Administration System outcomes and correct better engagement with Remote Memory Administration System results.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Operations Support System? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Operations Support System project?
– Do Operations Support System rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Service Evaluation System Critical Criteria:
Rank Service Evaluation System visions and find the ideas you already have.
– In what ways are Operations Support System vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are accountability and ownership for Operations Support System clearly defined?
– What is our formula for success in Operations Support System ?
Service assurance Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Service assurance quality and devise Service assurance key steps.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– Among the Operations Support System product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Operations Support System project?
Service delivery platform Critical Criteria:
Value Service delivery platform tactics and improve Service delivery platform service perception.
– What are the disruptive Operations Support System technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we know that any Operations Support System analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Service fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Consider Service fulfillment strategies and secure Service fulfillment creativity.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Operations Support System opportunities costing us money?
– How do we measure improved Operations Support System service perception, and satisfaction?
Simple Network Management Protocol Critical Criteria:
Steer Simple Network Management Protocol adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do we go about Securing Operations Support System?
– What threat is Operations Support System addressing?
Software applications Critical Criteria:
Value Software applications visions and find the essential reading for Software applications researchers.
Switching Control Center System Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Switching Control Center System management and budget for Switching Control Center System challenges.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Operations Support System agendas for the next 3 years?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for TM Forum outcomes and spearhead techniques for implementing TM Forum.
– How likely is the current Operations Support System plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Telcordia Technologies Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Telcordia Technologies visions and devote time assessing Telcordia Technologies and its risk.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Operations Support System objectives?
– How will you measure your Operations Support System effectiveness?
Telecommunications Management Network Critical Criteria:
Value Telecommunications Management Network engagements and describe the risks of Telecommunications Management Network sustainability.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Operations Support System workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– To what extent does management recognize Operations Support System as a tool to increase the results?
Telecommunications service providers Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Telecommunications service providers management and get the big picture.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What are specific Operations Support System Rules to follow?
Telephone company Critical Criteria:
Guide Telephone company failures and test out new things.
– Does Operations Support System include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Check Telephone exchange goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple Telephone exchange skills.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Operations Support System leaders?
Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System Critical Criteria:
Discuss Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System planning and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Trunks Integrated Record Keeping System projects.
– What are all of our Operations Support System domains and what do they do?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Operations Support System Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Operations Support System External links:
ACE OPERATIONS SUPPORT SYSTEM
Avaya Support – Products – Operations Support System
Access network External links:
All Partners Access Network – Official Site
S.C.A.N. Home – Security Central Access Network
Business support system External links:
Build A Business Support System – She Takes on the World
Computer system External links:
New Mexico’s computer system gets an upgrade | …
Configuration management External links:
Configuration Management | IpX
Configuration Management Certification & Training …
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Customer service External links:
Bank of America Customer Service
Customer Service – Wells Fargo
ODJFS | Child Support Customer Service Portal
DSL Forum External links:
[PDF]DSL Forum Technical Report TR-126 Triple-play …
Verizon DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Earthlink DSL forum | DSLReports, ISP Information
Data entry clerk External links:
Data Entry Clerk Salary – PayScale
Learn What Data Entry Clerks Do – The Balance
Digital Equipment Corporation External links:
Digital Equipment Corporation – CHM Revolution
PDP1 Computer a Digital Equipment Corporation DEC at …
GRC’s | Digital Equipment Corporation’s PDP-8
Fault management External links:
[PDF]FAULT MANAGEMENT HANDBOOK – NASA
Redundancy Fault Management – How is Redundancy …
Hardware Information Navigational Tool External links:
Hardware Information Navigational Tool – WOW.com
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector External links:
ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector
International Organization for Standardization External links:
ISO International Organization for Standardization
MDMC – International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Loop Maintenance Operations System External links:
Loop Maintenance Operations System – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/Loop Maintenance Operations System
Network element External links:
[PDF]Unbundled Network Element Platform (UNE P) …
Remote Memory Administration System External links:
RMAS means Remote Memory Administration System
Service Evaluation System External links:
Prototype Bus Service Evaluation System – Internet Archive
Service assurance External links:
Job Information: Service Assurance Agent Job – appone.com
Windstream Wholesale – Wholesale Service Assurance …
Service delivery platform External links:
Customer Service Delivery Platform – A Process-Driven …
Service fulfillment External links:
Agency Service Fulfillment Enterprises, LLC
Service Fulfillment market research – WhaTech
Simple Network Management Protocol External links:
[PDF]Simple Network Management Protocol – Fermilab
Software applications External links:
CRMfusion Salesforce Data Quality Software Applications
AltSource | Custom Business Software Applications
Switching Control Center System External links:
Switching Control Center System – How is Switching …
TM Forum External links:
Home | TM Forum IoE Infocus
Home | TM Forum Live
Home | TM Forum Live
Telcordia Technologies External links:
Telcordia Technologies, Inc. – CACI
Telcordia Technologies Careers | CareerBliss
Telecommunications Management Network External links:
Telecommunications Management Network | Arizona …
Telecommunications service providers External links:
[PDF]for Telecommunications Service Providers
Telephone company External links:
Vermont Telephone Company – Vermont Telephone Company
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Online BillPay – Steelville Telephone Exchange Inc.