What is involved in Amazon Web Services
Find out what the related areas are that Amazon Web Services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Amazon Web Services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Amazon Web Services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Amazon Web Services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Amazon Web Services related domains to cover and 114 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Amazon Web Services, Perfect 10, Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc., Network outage, Tesco Bank, Fire Phone, Object storage, Platform as a service, Amazon Fishbowl, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Redshift, Computer security, Amazon Connect, Fire HDX, West Coast of the United States, IBM cloud computing, Virtual Machine Manager, Curse, Inc., AWS Directory Service, Amazon ElastiCache, Mobile application development, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Microsoft Azure, Zadara Storage, Amazon EC2 Container Service, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Amazon China, Web server, Web API, Treasure Truck, Content delivery network, Application service provider, Hardware virtualization, São Paulo, DXC Technology, Amazon Air, Las Vegas, Amazon Athena, Amazon Marketplace, Amazon Route 53, Computer cluster, Amazon Vine, Amazon Lab126, Amazon Lumberyard, Amazon Fire TV, Book Depository, Amazon Dash, Amazon Simple Notification Service, Virtual Private Network, Classified information, Amazon CloudFront:
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Amazon Web Services leadership and track iterative Amazon Web Services results.
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– How is the value delivered by Amazon Web Services being measured?
Perfect 10, Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Think about Perfect 10, Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc. governance and learn.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Amazon Web Services leader?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Amazon Web Services with what users do day-to-day?
– Who needs to know about Amazon Web Services ?
Network outage Critical Criteria:
Mix Network outage tasks and differentiate in coordinating Network outage.
– Does your company involve your security organization in network outages that maybe caused by vandalism or deliberate sabotage?
– What are the barriers to increased Amazon Web Services production?
– Which Amazon Web Services goals are the most important?
– What will drive Amazon Web Services change?
Tesco Bank Critical Criteria:
Administer Tesco Bank strategies and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Tesco Bank projects.
– How important is Amazon Web Services to the user organizations mission?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Amazon Web Services Management?
– What are the long-term Amazon Web Services goals?
Fire Phone Critical Criteria:
Survey Fire Phone planning and pay attention to the small things.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Amazon Web Services product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Will Amazon Web Services deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Object storage Critical Criteria:
Consult on Object storage goals and oversee Object storage management by competencies.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Amazon Web Services? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who sets the Amazon Web Services standards?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Adapt Platform as a service engagements and balance specific methods for improving Platform as a service results.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Amazon Web Services experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Think of your Amazon Web Services project. what are the main functions?
Amazon Fishbowl Critical Criteria:
Grade Amazon Fishbowl decisions and work towards be a leading Amazon Fishbowl expert.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Amazon Web Services? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do those selected for the Amazon Web Services team have a good general understanding of what Amazon Web Services is all about?
– What are specific Amazon Web Services Rules to follow?
Amazon Prime Video Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Amazon Prime Video projects and maintain Amazon Prime Video for success.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Amazon Web Services project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Amazon Web Services project lifecycle?
– What is the purpose of Amazon Web Services in relation to the mission?
– How will you measure your Amazon Web Services effectiveness?
Amazon Redshift Critical Criteria:
X-ray Amazon Redshift goals and explain and analyze the challenges of Amazon Redshift.
– What are the key elements of your Amazon Web Services performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Amazon Web Services objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Computer security tactics and oversee implementation of Computer security.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Amazon Web Services process?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Does Amazon Web Services systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– In what ways are Amazon Web Services vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Amazon Connect Critical Criteria:
Chart Amazon Connect issues and find out.
Fire HDX Critical Criteria:
Group Fire HDX adoptions and look in other fields.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Amazon Web Services, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we know that any Amazon Web Services analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How can the value of Amazon Web Services be defined?
West Coast of the United States Critical Criteria:
Mine West Coast of the United States strategies and ask what if.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Amazon Web Services strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Amazon Web Services project manager?
– What is our Amazon Web Services Strategy?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Gauge IBM cloud computing management and customize techniques for implementing IBM cloud computing controls.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Amazon Web Services models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How would one define Amazon Web Services leadership?
– Is Amazon Web Services Required?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Virtual Machine Manager visions and oversee implementation of Virtual Machine Manager.
– Consider your own Amazon Web Services project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does the Amazon Web Services task fit the clients priorities?
Curse, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Participate in Curse, Inc. leadership and intervene in Curse, Inc. processes and leadership.
– To what extent does management recognize Amazon Web Services as a tool to increase the results?
– Is Amazon Web Services Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Are there Amazon Web Services problems defined?
AWS Directory Service Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over AWS Directory Service decisions and explain and analyze the challenges of AWS Directory Service.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Amazon Web Services requirements in detail?
Amazon ElastiCache Critical Criteria:
Analyze Amazon ElastiCache planning and mentor Amazon ElastiCache customer orientation.
– What vendors make products that address the Amazon Web Services needs?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Amazon Web Services?
Mobile application development Critical Criteria:
Scan Mobile application development failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Mobile application development.
– How can skill-level changes improve Amazon Web Services?
– What are our Amazon Web Services Processes?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Add value to Google Docs, Sheets and Slides tasks and arbitrate Google Docs, Sheets and Slides techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we manage Amazon Web Services Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Have all basic functions of Amazon Web Services been defined?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Microsoft Azure decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Microsoft Azure.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Amazon Web Services does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Among the Amazon Web Services product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Confer re Zadara Storage projects and create Zadara Storage explanations for all managers.
– Does Amazon Web Services appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Amazon EC2 Container Service Critical Criteria:
Recall Amazon EC2 Container Service engagements and check on ways to get started with Amazon EC2 Container Service.
– Do we have past Amazon Web Services Successes?
– What threat is Amazon Web Services addressing?
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud Critical Criteria:
Examine Amazon Virtual Private Cloud tasks and ask questions.
– What is our formula for success in Amazon Web Services ?
Amazon China Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Amazon China goals and create a map for yourself.
– Does Amazon Web Services create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Web server Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Web server projects and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– How likely is the current Amazon Web Services plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Amazon Web Services moving forward?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Guard Web API issues and oversee implementation of Web API.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Amazon Web Services in a volatile global economy?
– How can we improve Amazon Web Services?
Treasure Truck Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Treasure Truck visions and find the ideas you already have.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Amazon Web Services project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Amazon Web Services ?
– Are we Assessing Amazon Web Services and Risk?
Content delivery network Critical Criteria:
Mine Content delivery network risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Content delivery network strategies.
– How can you measure Amazon Web Services in a systematic way?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Debate over Application service provider tactics and attract Application service provider skills.
– Is there any existing Amazon Web Services governance structure?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Study Hardware virtualization leadership and arbitrate Hardware virtualization techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Think about the people you identified for your Amazon Web Services project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the disruptive Amazon Web Services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the business goals Amazon Web Services is aiming to achieve?
São Paulo Critical Criteria:
Chart São Paulo tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in São Paulo because they lack skills.
DXC Technology Critical Criteria:
Generalize DXC Technology projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in DXC Technology.
– Does Amazon Web Services analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Amazon Air Critical Criteria:
Group Amazon Air risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Is Amazon Web Services dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Las Vegas Critical Criteria:
Merge Las Vegas decisions and develop and take control of the Las Vegas initiative.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Amazon Web Services?
Amazon Athena Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Amazon Athena risks and differentiate in coordinating Amazon Athena.
Amazon Marketplace Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Amazon Marketplace governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Amazon Marketplace.
– What are the usability implications of Amazon Web Services actions?
Amazon Route 53 Critical Criteria:
Merge Amazon Route 53 goals and define what our big hairy audacious Amazon Route 53 goal is.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Amazon Web Services goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Computer cluster Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Computer cluster planning and handle a jump-start course to Computer cluster.
– How can you negotiate Amazon Web Services successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are all of our Amazon Web Services domains and what do they do?
Amazon Vine Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Amazon Vine strategies and probe the present value of growth of Amazon Vine.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Amazon Web Services strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Amazon Web Services into the services that we provide?
Amazon Lab126 Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Amazon Lab126 visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Amazon Lab126 because they lack skills.
– Is a Amazon Web Services Team Work effort in place?
– Are there recognized Amazon Web Services problems?
Amazon Lumberyard Critical Criteria:
Analyze Amazon Lumberyard tactics and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Amazon Lumberyard.
– In the case of a Amazon Web Services project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Amazon Web Services project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Amazon Web Services project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What is the source of the strategies for Amazon Web Services strengthening and reform?
Amazon Fire TV Critical Criteria:
Adapt Amazon Fire TV leadership and find answers.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Amazon Web Services forward?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Amazon Web Services opportunities costing us money?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Amazon Web Services activities?
Book Depository Critical Criteria:
Chat re Book Depository failures and report on setting up Book Depository without losing ground.
Amazon Dash Critical Criteria:
Mine Amazon Dash planning and describe the risks of Amazon Dash sustainability.
– What are our needs in relation to Amazon Web Services skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Amazon Simple Notification Service Critical Criteria:
Judge Amazon Simple Notification Service adoptions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Amazon Simple Notification Service.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Amazon Web Services leaders?
Virtual Private Network Critical Criteria:
Analyze Virtual Private Network issues and look at it backwards.
Classified information Critical Criteria:
Gauge Classified information decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Classified information.
– Are there any data with specific security or regulatory concerns with sharing (e.g. classified information or handling requirements), and how will they be addressed?
Amazon CloudFront Critical Criteria:
Own Amazon CloudFront risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Amazon CloudFront.
– Who will provide the final approval of Amazon Web Services deliverables?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Amazon Web Services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services Simple Monthly Calculator
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Network outage External links:
AT&T network outage | Is Down Right Now USA
UC Davis Status – Network Outage: ADF14 Quest Data Center
Windows Azure VMs don’t recover from a network outage …
Tesco Bank External links:
Online Banking Login – Tesco Bank
Welcome to Tesco Bank for Intermediaries – Mortgages
Benny Higgins to step down from Tesco Bank after a decade
Fire Phone External links:
Amazon Fire Phone – Exclusively at AT&T
fire phone – Best Buy
Object storage External links:
Object Storage versus Block Storage: Understanding …
Store unstructured data in the cloud with Azure Blob storage (object storage).
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Fully Managed Big Data Platform as a Service | Cazena
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Amazon Fishbowl External links:
Amazon Fishbowl with Bill Maher (TV Series 2006– ) – IMDb
Amazon Prime Video External links:
50 Best Movies on Amazon Prime Video Right Now
50 Best TV Shows on Amazon Prime Video Right Now
Amazon Redshift External links:
Amazon Redshift – Data Warehouse Solution – AWS
Connect to Amazon Redshift in Power BI Desktop
Computer security External links:
Computer Security (Cybersecurity) – The New York Times
Computer Security Products for Home Users | Kaspersky Lab …
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Amazon Connect External links:
Amazon Connect – Cloud-Based Contact Center
Fire HDX External links:
Amazon Fire HDX 8.9″ 16GB Wi-Fi Tablet – woot.com
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7-Inch – AT&T
West Coast of the United States External links:
Ocean current that cools the West Coast of the United States
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Curse, Inc. External links:
Curse, Inc., Huntsville, AL. 1.3K likes. Curse Inc. Corporate Headquarters
Curse, Inc. – Home | Facebook
AWS Directory Service External links:
What is AWS Directory Service? – JumpCloud
Amazon ElastiCache External links:
Amazon ElastiCache Pricing – AWS
Amazon ElastiCacheの疎通確認 by Telnet – aws memo
Amazon ElastiCache Reviews | G2 Crowd
Mobile application development External links:
Software and Mobile Application Development – IT Programs
WillowTree | Mobile Application Development Company
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure Essentials | Azure training – cloud services
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage (@ZadaraStorage) | Twitter
Zadara Storage Cube – 18TB block and file storage
Zadara Storage | Crunchbase
Amazon EC2 Container Service External links:
[free download] amazon ec2 container service developer guide ebooks Page : 1. Title: Amazon Ec2 Container Service Developer Guide Subject:
Docker Swarm at AWS/Azure vs. – DevOops! – Medium
Amazon EC2 Container Service | Noise
[PDF]Amazon Ec2 Container Service Developer Guide – …
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud External links:
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud – Official Site
[PDF]Amazon Virtual Private Cloud User Guide
Amazon China External links:
Ebay & Amazon China SD memory card scam & how to …
Web server External links:
Web Server (IIS) Administration Cmdlets in Windows …
Cesanta | Embedded web server
ProjectWise Web Server
Web API External links:
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
Treasure Truck External links:
Amazon Treasure Truck – Home | Facebook
Content delivery network External links:
Azure Content delivery network | Microsoft Azure
Global Content Delivery Network (CDN) Service | Cloudflare
Ramp: Enterprise Content Delivery Network (eCDN)
Application service provider External links:
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
Online Transcription Application Service Provider (TASP)
Application Service Providers | Global Capacity
São Paulo External links:
Banco de Franquias – Seja sócio investidor – São Paulo
LEGO SERIOUS PLAY | São Paulo | Play in Company
Guerra Poker Club | São Paulo
DXC Technology External links:
DXC Technology: Global IT Services and Solutions Leader
Investor Relations | DXC Technology
Amazon Air External links:
Beyond Prime: Amazon Air gets a shorter name for …
Las Vegas External links:
TITLE Boxing Club | Boxing Gym & Fitness – Las Vegas Henderson
Amazon Athena External links:
Serverless Big Data Analytics – Amazon Athena & …
Redefining S3 Data with Amazon Athena and AWS Glue
Amazon Marketplace External links:
Amazon Marketplace Fee and Profit Calculator | Salecalc…
A2X – Amazon marketplace accounting made easy
The World’s Top Amazon Marketplace Sellers – Web Retailer
Amazon Route 53 External links:
GitHub – barnybug/cli53: Command line tool for Amazon Route 53
Amazon Route 53 Releases Auto Naming API for Service …
Computer cluster External links:
Computer Cluster | Wilson College
What is Computer Cluster? – Definition from Techopedia
Computer Cluster | Forbes College
Amazon Vine External links:
Amazon Vine Program – Introduction – FeedbackFive
Amazon Lab126 External links:
Amazon Lab126 Jobs | Glassdoor
Amazon Lumberyard External links:
Amazon Lumberyard – Amazon.jobs
GitHub – aws/lumberyard: Amazon Lumberyard is a free …
Amazon Lumberyard (@AmznLumberyard) | Twitter
Book Depository External links:
The Book Depository Coupons & Special offers: – …
Children’s Books | Book Depository
The Book Depository – AbeBooks – London
Amazon Dash External links:
Brother™ Amazon Dash Login
Amazon Simple Notification Service External links:
What is Amazon Simple Notification Service?
Amazon Simple Notification Service – Official Site
Virtual Private Network External links:
A virtual private network (VPN) is the extension of a private network that encompasses links across shared or public networks like the Internet. With a VPN, you can send data between two computers across a shared or public network in a manner that emulates a point-to-point private link. Virtual private networking is the act of creating and configuring a virtual private network.
VPN Virtual Private Network Services | Private Internet …
Virtual Private Network (VPN) – Northeastern ITS
Classified information External links:
[USC10] 18 USC 798: Disclosure of classified information
uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:18 section:798 edition:prelim)
Amazon CloudFront External links:
Content Delivery Network Pricing – Amazon CloudFront
Amazon CloudFront – Official Site
Amazon CloudFront – Showit Desktop Manual