What is involved in FTTP fiber to the premises
Find out what the related areas are that FTTP fiber to the premises connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a FTTP fiber to the premises thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its FTTP fiber to the premises journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward FTTP fiber to the premises leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which FTTP fiber to the premises related domains to cover and 141 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
FTTP fiber to the premises, Qualcomm Atheros, Fibre to the Office, Local loop, Fiber-optic communication, Structured cabling, Cable Television, Verizon FiOS, High-definition video, Advanced metering infrastructure, Network interface controller, Circuit switching, NPL network, Deutsche Telekom, Computer network, Transmission line, Polarization-division multiplexing, Mobile telephony, Communications protocol, Electrical room, Power line communication, Free-space optical communication, Fiber to the x, Smoke signal, Guglielmo Marconi, Radia Perlman, Ethernet in the first mile, Innocenzo Manzetti, Multiple system operator, Philo Farnsworth, Hydraulic telegraph, Streaming media, Fixed wireless, Power-line communication, Broadband over power lines, BellSouth Telecommunications, organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Flag semaphore, IEEE P1901, Integrated Services Digital Network, Telecommunications equipment, Gigabit Ethernet, Smart grid, 20th century, Multimedia over Coax Alliance, Code-division multiple access, Fiber in the loop, Hybrid fibre-coaxial, Digital subscriber line, Transmission medium, Television network:
FTTP fiber to the premises Critical Criteria:
Map FTTP fiber to the premises outcomes and proactively manage FTTP fiber to the premises risks.
– Think about the functions involved in your FTTP fiber to the premises project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What business benefits will FTTP fiber to the premises goals deliver if achieved?
– How can you measure FTTP fiber to the premises in a systematic way?
Qualcomm Atheros Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Qualcomm Atheros management and customize techniques for implementing Qualcomm Atheros controls.
– In what ways are FTTP fiber to the premises vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are current FTTP fiber to the premises Paradigms?
– How much does FTTP fiber to the premises help?
Fibre to the Office Critical Criteria:
Start Fibre to the Office quality and figure out ways to motivate other Fibre to the Office users.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your FTTP fiber to the premises strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Think of your FTTP fiber to the premises project. what are the main functions?
– Who sets the FTTP fiber to the premises standards?
Local loop Critical Criteria:
Apply Local loop visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Local loop.
– For your FTTP fiber to the premises project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if FTTP fiber to the premises does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once FTTP fiber to the premises is underway?
Fiber-optic communication Critical Criteria:
Face Fiber-optic communication issues and drive action.
– What is the total cost related to deploying FTTP fiber to the premises, including any consulting or professional services?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom FTTP fiber to the premises project?
– How to deal with FTTP fiber to the premises Changes?
Structured cabling Critical Criteria:
Meet over Structured cabling management and look at it backwards.
– What are the key elements of your FTTP fiber to the premises performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this FTTP fiber to the premises process?
– What is the source of the strategies for FTTP fiber to the premises strengthening and reform?
Cable Television Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Cable Television leadership and question.
– What are the disruptive FTTP fiber to the premises technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective FTTP fiber to the premises leader?
– Does FTTP fiber to the premises analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Verizon FiOS Critical Criteria:
Debate over Verizon FiOS risks and revise understanding of Verizon FiOS architectures.
– How do we know that any FTTP fiber to the premises analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is there any existing FTTP fiber to the premises governance structure?
– Why are FTTP fiber to the premises skills important?
High-definition video Critical Criteria:
X-ray High-definition video results and define what do we need to start doing with High-definition video.
– In the case of a FTTP fiber to the premises project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a FTTP fiber to the premises project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any FTTP fiber to the premises project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How will you know that the FTTP fiber to the premises project has been successful?
– How do we manage FTTP fiber to the premises Knowledge Management (KM)?
Advanced metering infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Grade Advanced metering infrastructure quality and gather Advanced metering infrastructure models .
– What are our best practices for minimizing FTTP fiber to the premises project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the FTTP fiber to the premises project lifecycle?
– Does FTTP fiber to the premises create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Network interface controller Critical Criteria:
Adapt Network interface controller failures and get out your magnifying glass.
– Will FTTP fiber to the premises deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Do we have past FTTP fiber to the premises Successes?
Circuit switching Critical Criteria:
Unify Circuit switching results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Circuit switching because they lack skills.
– Is FTTP fiber to the premises dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are accountability and ownership for FTTP fiber to the premises clearly defined?
– Does the FTTP fiber to the premises task fit the clients priorities?
NPL network Critical Criteria:
Consolidate NPL network governance and mentor NPL network customer orientation.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a FTTP fiber to the premises project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your FTTP fiber to the premises activities?
– How do we Lead with FTTP fiber to the premises in Mind?
Deutsche Telekom Critical Criteria:
Debate over Deutsche Telekom issues and ask questions.
– Who will provide the final approval of FTTP fiber to the premises deliverables?
– How can skill-level changes improve FTTP fiber to the premises?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Computer network decisions and probe Computer network strategic alliances.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Transmission line Critical Criteria:
Apply Transmission line risks and find out.
– Why should we adopt a FTTP fiber to the premises framework?
Polarization-division multiplexing Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Polarization-division multiplexing risks and assess what counts with Polarization-division multiplexing that we are not counting.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a FTTP fiber to the premises process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the FTTP fiber to the premises process available?
– What potential environmental factors impact the FTTP fiber to the premises effort?
– What will drive FTTP fiber to the premises change?
Mobile telephony Critical Criteria:
Examine Mobile telephony decisions and summarize a clear Mobile telephony focus.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in FTTP fiber to the premises?
– How do we Improve FTTP fiber to the premises service perception, and satisfaction?
Communications protocol Critical Criteria:
Understand Communications protocol quality and balance specific methods for improving Communications protocol results.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a FTTP fiber to the premises strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we ensure that implementations of FTTP fiber to the premises products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Electrical room Critical Criteria:
See the value of Electrical room outcomes and probe the present value of growth of Electrical room.
– Are assumptions made in FTTP fiber to the premises stated explicitly?
– What are the long-term FTTP fiber to the premises goals?
Power line communication Critical Criteria:
Align Power line communication leadership and find answers.
– Is maximizing FTTP fiber to the premises protection the same as minimizing FTTP fiber to the premises loss?
– Does FTTP fiber to the premises appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Free-space optical communication Critical Criteria:
Study Free-space optical communication quality and customize techniques for implementing Free-space optical communication controls.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your FTTP fiber to the premises processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the FTTP fiber to the premises requirements in detail?
– Are we Assessing FTTP fiber to the premises and Risk?
Fiber to the x Critical Criteria:
Consult on Fiber to the x results and sort Fiber to the x activities.
– What management system can we use to leverage the FTTP fiber to the premises experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Smoke signal Critical Criteria:
Boost Smoke signal results and figure out ways to motivate other Smoke signal users.
– what is the best design framework for FTTP fiber to the premises organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations FTTP fiber to the premises values?
– What are internal and external FTTP fiber to the premises relations?
Guglielmo Marconi Critical Criteria:
Understand Guglielmo Marconi risks and report on setting up Guglielmo Marconi without losing ground.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of FTTP fiber to the premises that make it risky?
– Is FTTP fiber to the premises Required?
Radia Perlman Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Radia Perlman tactics and point out improvements in Radia Perlman.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new FTTP fiber to the premises in a volatile global economy?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once FTTP fiber to the premises is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Can we add value to the current FTTP fiber to the premises decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Ethernet in the first mile Critical Criteria:
Investigate Ethernet in the first mile risks and prioritize challenges of Ethernet in the first mile.
– To what extent does management recognize FTTP fiber to the premises as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the Essentials of Internal FTTP fiber to the premises Management?
Innocenzo Manzetti Critical Criteria:
Mix Innocenzo Manzetti engagements and slay a dragon.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the FTTP fiber to the premises process?
– How would one define FTTP fiber to the premises leadership?
Multiple system operator Critical Criteria:
Nurse Multiple system operator tactics and finalize specific methods for Multiple system operator acceptance.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to FTTP fiber to the premises? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent FTTP fiber to the premises services/products?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of FTTP fiber to the premises activities?
Philo Farnsworth Critical Criteria:
Generalize Philo Farnsworth tasks and create Philo Farnsworth explanations for all managers.
– Do the FTTP fiber to the premises decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we Identify specific FTTP fiber to the premises investment and emerging trends?
Hydraulic telegraph Critical Criteria:
Design Hydraulic telegraph tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Hydraulic telegraph projects.
– Who needs to know about FTTP fiber to the premises ?
– What is our FTTP fiber to the premises Strategy?
Streaming media Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Streaming media management and separate what are the business goals Streaming media is aiming to achieve.
– What are the Key enablers to make this FTTP fiber to the premises move?
– What about FTTP fiber to the premises Analysis of results?
Fixed wireless Critical Criteria:
Understand Fixed wireless decisions and adjust implementation of Fixed wireless.
– What are all of our FTTP fiber to the premises domains and what do they do?
– How can we improve FTTP fiber to the premises?
Power-line communication Critical Criteria:
Use past Power-line communication decisions and intervene in Power-line communication processes and leadership.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good FTTP fiber to the premises project manager?
– Have the types of risks that may impact FTTP fiber to the premises been identified and analyzed?
Broadband over power lines Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Broadband over power lines engagements and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are there FTTP fiber to the premises problems defined?
– What is Effective FTTP fiber to the premises?
BellSouth Telecommunications Critical Criteria:
Define BellSouth Telecommunications planning and change contexts.
– Think about the people you identified for your FTTP fiber to the premises project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do those selected for the FTTP fiber to the premises team have a good general understanding of what FTTP fiber to the premises is all about?
organization for Economic Co-operation and Development Critical Criteria:
Sort organization for Economic Co-operation and Development engagements and research ways can we become the organization for Economic Co-operation and Development company that would put us out of business.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the FTTP fiber to the premises process?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing FTTP fiber to the premises?
Flag semaphore Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Flag semaphore decisions and prioritize challenges of Flag semaphore.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding FTTP fiber to the premises?
IEEE P1901 Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct IEEE P1901 adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– How do mission and objectives affect the FTTP fiber to the premises processes of our organization?
Integrated Services Digital Network Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Integrated Services Digital Network failures and catalog Integrated Services Digital Network activities.
Telecommunications equipment Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Telecommunications equipment decisions and assess and formulate effective operational and Telecommunications equipment strategies.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our FTTP fiber to the premises agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are our needs in relation to FTTP fiber to the premises skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Gigabit Ethernet Critical Criteria:
Own Gigabit Ethernet failures and describe which business rules are needed as Gigabit Ethernet interface.
– Is Supporting FTTP fiber to the premises documentation required?
– How to Secure FTTP fiber to the premises?
Smart grid Critical Criteria:
Recall Smart grid results and observe effective Smart grid.
– Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
– What is our formula for success in FTTP fiber to the premises ?
20th century Critical Criteria:
Give examples of 20th century failures and do something to it.
Multimedia over Coax Alliance Critical Criteria:
Confer over Multimedia over Coax Alliance projects and differentiate in coordinating Multimedia over Coax Alliance.
– How is the value delivered by FTTP fiber to the premises being measured?
Code-division multiple access Critical Criteria:
Nurse Code-division multiple access strategies and prioritize challenges of Code-division multiple access.
– Is the scope of FTTP fiber to the premises defined?
Fiber in the loop Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Fiber in the loop outcomes and get the big picture.
– Do FTTP fiber to the premises rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Hybrid fibre-coaxial Critical Criteria:
Guard Hybrid fibre-coaxial management and describe the risks of Hybrid fibre-coaxial sustainability.
– How do we maintain FTTP fiber to the premisess Integrity?
Digital subscriber line Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Digital subscriber line results and budget for Digital subscriber line challenges.
– How do your measurements capture actionable FTTP fiber to the premises information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Transmission medium Critical Criteria:
Analyze Transmission medium risks and handle a jump-start course to Transmission medium.
Television network Critical Criteria:
Focus on Television network goals and finalize specific methods for Television network acceptance.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with FTTP fiber to the premises ?
– Can we do FTTP fiber to the premises without complex (expensive) analysis?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the FTTP fiber to the premises Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Qualcomm Atheros External links:
Qualcomm Atheros – Should I Remove It?
Fibre to the Office External links:
FTTO – Fibre to the Office | AcronymFinder
Fibre to the Office – How is Fibre to the Office abbreviated?
Local loop External links:
Twisted Pair News | Keeping you in the “Local Loop”
LOCAL LOOP UNBUNDLING — UK: THE UK TRADE AND …
CenturyLink | Wholesale | Unbundled Local Loop – 2-Wire …
Fiber-optic communication External links:
Used worldwide as a textbook in many universities, Fiber-Optic Communication Systems is intended primarily for graduate students of fiber-optic communications. It is also a valuable resource for undergraduate courses at the senior level, as well as an indispensable professional reference for engineers and technicians in the …
Structured cabling External links:
Fibre/Copper Systems/Structured Cabling/Matrix Global Networks
The Basics of Structured Cabling
Structured Cabling Solutions | Deer Park | Mason …
Cable Television External links:
Northland Communications | Cable Television Service
Consumer Rights Regarding Cable Television Service
Storrs Channel Lineup | Cable Television
Verizon FiOS External links:
Find Locations where Fios is Available | Verizon Fios
Verizon Fios® | 800-300-4184 | Fios® Internet, TV & Phone
Pay Bill, See Offers with My Verizon Fios
Advanced metering infrastructure External links:
Advanced Metering Infrastructure – Duke Energy
[PDF]Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
www.ferc.gov/CalendarFiles/20070423091846-EPRI – Advanced Metering.pdf
RWA | introducing Advanced Metering Infrastructure
Network interface controller External links:
Network Interface Controller: Amazon.com
www.amazon.com › … › I/O Port Cards › RAID Controllers
[PDF]Reference Guide for the Network Interface Controller
Circuit switching External links:
Packet & Circuit Switching Flashcards | Quizlet
What is circuit switching? – Quora
Deutsche Telekom External links:
DTEGY : Summary for DEUTSCHE TELEKOM – Yahoo …
Inside Deutsche Telekom’s new media model – Digiday
Computer network External links:
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Transmission line External links:
Transmission Line Connector – AutoZone.com
www.autozone.com › … › Fittings And Hose / Line Connectors
Irvington engine and transmission line – Tucson Electric …
What is a Transmission Line? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Polarization-division multiplexing External links:
Polarization-division multiplexing – YouTube
Mobile telephony External links:
Prepaid Mobile Telephony Services (MTS) Surcharge
Prepaid Mobile Telephony Services (MTS) Surcharge
Communications protocol External links:
What is Communications Protocol? Webopedia Definition
Modbus-Simple Communications Protocol
Safety Communications Protocol – xavier.edu
Electrical room External links:
Electrical Room Signs | Electric Meter Room Signs
Power line communication External links:
Power Line Communication | Cypress Semiconductor
Power line communication using a signal wire – YouTube
[PDF]Power Line Communication (PLC) Troubleshooting
Free-space optical communication External links:
Free-space optical communication – YouTube
Fiber to the x External links:
What is fiber to the x (FTTx)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Smoke signal External links:
Smoke Signal Bluestem | Spring Hill Nurseries
Shien’s Smoke Signal | Yu-Gi-Oh! | FANDOM powered by …
Smoke Signal Grass | Buy Ornamental Grass at Michigan Bulb
Guglielmo Marconi External links:
Guglielmo Marconi | Growing Up Italian
Guglielmo Marconi – NNDB
Guglielmo Marconi – Bio, Facts, Family | Famous Birthdays
Radia Perlman External links:
Radia Perlman | Lemelson-MIT Program
Algoryhme by Radia Perlman — EtherealMind
Ethernet in the first mile External links:
EFM Ethernet in the First Mile – YouTube
Ethernet in the first mile – YouTube
[PDF]Ethernet in the First Mile – IEEE 802
Innocenzo Manzetti External links:
Innocenzo Manzetti (@I_Manzetti) | Twitter
Voyager – Innocenzo Manzetti – YouTube
Innocenzo Manzetti – Home | Facebook
Multiple system operator External links:
MSO abbreviation stands for Multiple System Operator
MSO – Multiple System Operator | AcronymFinder
Multiple System Operator | Customer Data Solutions | …
Philo Farnsworth External links:
Philo Farnsworth – Utah
Philo Farnsworth Elementary School | TypingClub Login
Hydraulic telegraph External links:
The Hydraulic Telegraph and Latin Grease: Citation …
The Hydraulic Telegraph (350 BCE) : …
Streaming media External links:
Fixed wireless External links:
Fixed Wireless Internet In the United States at a Glance
Fixed Wireless Internet | Rain LTE-A at Home – Afrihost
Fixed Wireless Technology | About Rise Broadband
Power-line communication External links:
[PDF]DC Power-Line Communication Reference Design
Broadband over power lines External links:
Cincinnati plugs into broadband over power lines. – slate.com
[PDF]Broadband Over Power Lines A White Paper – New – …
Broadband Over Power Lines? | WIRED
BellSouth Telecommunications External links:
[PDF]BELLSOUTH TELECOMMUNICATIONS TARIFF …
BELLSOUTH TELECOMMUNICATIONS, INC. TARIFF F.C.C. NO. 1 BY: Operations Manager – Pricing ORIGINAL PAGE 27-1 29G57, 675 …
BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc. d/b/a AT&T …
[PDF]BELLSOUTH TELECOMMUNICATIONS, INC. …
organization for Economic Co-operation and Development External links:
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development …
Flag semaphore External links:
Online calculator: Flag semaphore signals – planetcalc
Flag semaphore – YouTube
U.S. NAVY SIGNAL CORPS FLAG SEMAPHORE / BLINKER …
IEEE P1901 External links:
IEEE P1901 Working Group
Integrated Services Digital Network External links:
ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) Definition
ISDN – Integrated Services Digital Network – Lifewire
[PDF]Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) 8510T …
Telecommunications equipment External links:
TelecomSupplier | Telecommunications Equipment
Telecommunications Equipment Purchase Program (TEPP)
49-2022.00 – Telecommunications Equipment Installers …
Gigabit Ethernet External links:
Downloads for Intel® Gigabit Ethernet Network Connection
Downloads for Intel® 82579 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Smart grid External links:
Smart Grid Massachusetts | National Grid
Smart Grid – AbeBooks
Smart Grid – Our Company – Duke Energy
20th century External links:
20th Century Theater HOME
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment – Official Site
20th Century Fox/Other | Logopedia | FANDOM powered by …
Multimedia over Coax Alliance External links:
Multimedia over Coax Alliance
What is MoCA: Multimedia over Coax Alliance? Verizon …
MoCA – Multimedia over Coax Alliance – Home | Facebook
Fiber in the loop External links:
FIBER IN THE LOOP – Bell Labs
A brief history of Fiber in the Loop – sopto.com
[PDF]GR-909-CORE: Generic Criteria for Fiber in the Loop …
Hybrid fibre-coaxial External links:
What is HYBRID FIBRE-COAXIAL? What does HYBRID …
Digital subscriber line External links:
AT&T Digital Subscriber Line: Billing
Transmission medium External links:
what is transmission medium || Types of transmission …
PE-4 – ACCESS CONTROL FOR TRANSMISSION MEDIUM …
Bandwidth of Transmission Medium – YouTube
Television network External links:
The CW Television Network – YouTube
CTN, Christian Television Network
The CW Television Network | CW Shows | Official CW Show …