What is involved in OneDrive
Find out what the related areas are that OneDrive connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a OneDrive thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its OneDrive journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward OneDrive leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which OneDrive related domains to cover and 149 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
OneDrive, Microsoft SharedView, Microsoft Windows, File Replication Service, Microsoft Search Server, Network Access Protection, Windows Speech Recognition, Windows Live Mail, Windows Script Host, Graphics Device Interface, User Interface Privilege Isolation, Windows Live Search Center, Media Control Interface, Transactional NTFS, Roaming user profile, OneDrive Groups, Microsoft Office XP, Windows Anytime Upgrade, Microsoft Narrator, Windows Mobile Device Center, Outlook Tasks, Kernel Transaction Manager, Microsoft Office 97, Google Drive, NTFS volume mount point, Windows Ultimate Extras, Office 365 Video, Windows Server Update Services, Software categories, ActiveX Document, File Manager, DVD Player, Portable Executable, Windows File Protection, Character Map, Software development kit, Ribbon Hero, Disk Defragmenter, Office Web Apps, Windows Contacts, Microsoft Office 3.0, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft FrontPage, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Office Open XML, Performance Monitor, Windows Services for UNIX, Windows Imaging Format, Windows Movie Maker, Microsoft SharePoint Designer, Text file, Data Execution Prevention, Snipping Tool, Office 2004 for Mac, Windows Insider, Portable Document Format, MSN Health & Fitness, Session Manager Subsystem, Microsoft Office 2019, Windows on Windows, Software release life cycle:
OneDrive Critical Criteria:
Give examples of OneDrive quality and revise understanding of OneDrive architectures.
– How do we manage OneDrive Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What is our formula for success in OneDrive ?
– Are there OneDrive Models?
Microsoft SharedView Critical Criteria:
Adapt Microsoft SharedView quality and gather practices for scaling Microsoft SharedView.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of OneDrive?
– How can skill-level changes improve OneDrive?
– How can we improve OneDrive?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Microsoft Windows quality and display thorough understanding of the Microsoft Windows process.
– What are the key elements of your OneDrive performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there a OneDrive Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In a project to restructure OneDrive outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
File Replication Service Critical Criteria:
Nurse File Replication Service decisions and customize techniques for implementing File Replication Service controls.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good OneDrive project manager?
– Is the OneDrive organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Microsoft Search Server Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Microsoft Search Server adoptions and research ways can we become the Microsoft Search Server company that would put us out of business.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to OneDrive? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is the total cost related to deploying OneDrive, including any consulting or professional services?
Network Access Protection Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Network Access Protection governance and adopt an insight outlook.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing OneDrive?
– How will you measure your OneDrive effectiveness?
– Are there recognized OneDrive problems?
Windows Speech Recognition Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Windows Speech Recognition projects and develop and take control of the Windows Speech Recognition initiative.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this OneDrive process?
– Does our organization need more OneDrive education?
– What are the long-term OneDrive goals?
Windows Live Mail Critical Criteria:
Own Windows Live Mail leadership and devote time assessing Windows Live Mail and its risk.
– Can we add value to the current OneDrive decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the OneDrive process?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving OneDrive forward?
Windows Script Host Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Windows Script Host failures and ask questions.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once OneDrive is underway?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the OneDrive process?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting OneDrive with what users do day-to-day?
Graphics Device Interface Critical Criteria:
Depict Graphics Device Interface visions and track iterative Graphics Device Interface results.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether OneDrive goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How can you measure OneDrive in a systematic way?
User Interface Privilege Isolation Critical Criteria:
Drive User Interface Privilege Isolation outcomes and develop and take control of the User Interface Privilege Isolation initiative.
– What about OneDrive Analysis of results?
Windows Live Search Center Critical Criteria:
Administer Windows Live Search Center results and be persistent.
– How do we Identify specific OneDrive investment and emerging trends?
– How is the value delivered by OneDrive being measured?
– How would one define OneDrive leadership?
Media Control Interface Critical Criteria:
Align Media Control Interface governance and oversee implementation of Media Control Interface.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of OneDrive that make it risky?
– How will you know that the OneDrive project has been successful?
– What are the business goals OneDrive is aiming to achieve?
Transactional NTFS Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Transactional NTFS goals and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our OneDrive agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do mission and objectives affect the OneDrive processes of our organization?
Roaming user profile Critical Criteria:
Deduce Roaming user profile governance and revise understanding of Roaming user profile architectures.
– For your OneDrive project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
OneDrive Groups Critical Criteria:
Pilot OneDrive Groups projects and create OneDrive Groups explanations for all managers.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic OneDrive objectives?
– Does OneDrive analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Microsoft Office XP Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Microsoft Office XP goals and look for lots of ideas.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations OneDrive values?
– Are there OneDrive problems defined?
– Do we have past OneDrive Successes?
Windows Anytime Upgrade Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Windows Anytime Upgrade strategies and gather Windows Anytime Upgrade models .
– Is there any existing OneDrive governance structure?
– How do we Lead with OneDrive in Mind?
– How do we keep improving OneDrive?
Microsoft Narrator Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Microsoft Narrator visions and look at it backwards.
– Think about the people you identified for your OneDrive project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Why should we adopt a OneDrive framework?
Windows Mobile Device Center Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Windows Mobile Device Center adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Windows Mobile Device Center results.
– How can you negotiate OneDrive successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is Supporting OneDrive documentation required?
Outlook Tasks Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Outlook Tasks outcomes and remodel and develop an effective Outlook Tasks strategy.
– To what extent does management recognize OneDrive as a tool to increase the results?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of OneDrive moving forward?
– Are accountability and ownership for OneDrive clearly defined?
Kernel Transaction Manager Critical Criteria:
Check Kernel Transaction Manager projects and explore and align the progress in Kernel Transaction Manager.
– Do OneDrive rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Microsoft Office 97 Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Microsoft Office 97 failures and be persistent.
– What potential environmental factors impact the OneDrive effort?
– What will drive OneDrive change?
Google Drive Critical Criteria:
Check Google Drive quality and gather practices for scaling Google Drive.
– Will OneDrive have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
NTFS volume mount point Critical Criteria:
Pilot NTFS volume mount point outcomes and explain and analyze the challenges of NTFS volume mount point.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding OneDrive?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your OneDrive activities?
– What vendors make products that address the OneDrive needs?
Windows Ultimate Extras Critical Criteria:
Administer Windows Ultimate Extras results and look at the big picture.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if OneDrive does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who sets the OneDrive standards?
Office 365 Video Critical Criteria:
Administer Office 365 Video management and acquire concise Office 365 Video education.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom OneDrive project?
– How to deal with OneDrive Changes?
Windows Server Update Services Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Windows Server Update Services risks and adjust implementation of Windows Server Update Services.
– Are assumptions made in OneDrive stated explicitly?
– Is OneDrive Required?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Refer to Software categories results and pay attention to the small things.
ActiveX Document Critical Criteria:
Match ActiveX Document issues and summarize a clear ActiveX Document focus.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your OneDrive project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a OneDrive study?
File Manager Critical Criteria:
Huddle over File Manager outcomes and finalize specific methods for File Manager acceptance.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once OneDrive is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent OneDrive services/products?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as OneDrive leaders?
DVD Player Critical Criteria:
Consolidate DVD Player results and spearhead techniques for implementing DVD Player.
– Have the types of risks that may impact OneDrive been identified and analyzed?
– Do we all define OneDrive in the same way?
Portable Executable Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Portable Executable decisions and look at the big picture.
– What is the source of the strategies for OneDrive strengthening and reform?
– Who will provide the final approval of OneDrive deliverables?
Windows File Protection Critical Criteria:
Guard Windows File Protection strategies and describe the risks of Windows File Protection sustainability.
Character Map Critical Criteria:
Analyze Character Map outcomes and pioneer acquisition of Character Map systems.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with OneDrive ?
Software development kit Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Software development kit tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and Software development kit strategies.
Ribbon Hero Critical Criteria:
Look at Ribbon Hero strategies and describe which business rules are needed as Ribbon Hero interface.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about OneDrive. How do we gain traction?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these OneDrive processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of OneDrive products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Disk Defragmenter Critical Criteria:
Merge Disk Defragmenter tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Disk Defragmenter users.
– How can the value of OneDrive be defined?
– What is our OneDrive Strategy?
Office Web Apps Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Office Web Apps results and forecast involvement of future Office Web Apps projects in development.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of OneDrive into the services that we provide?
– Have you identified your OneDrive key performance indicators?
Windows Contacts Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Windows Contacts goals and finalize the present value of growth of Windows Contacts.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your OneDrive processes?
Microsoft Office 3.0 Critical Criteria:
Group Microsoft Office 3.0 tactics and mentor Microsoft Office 3.0 customer orientation.
– How important is OneDrive to the user organizations mission?
Microsoft PowerPoint Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Microsoft PowerPoint results and create a map for yourself.
– How do your measurements capture actionable OneDrive information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Microsoft FrontPage Critical Criteria:
Scan Microsoft FrontPage results and adopt an insight outlook.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a OneDrive project?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in OneDrive?
Microsoft Solitaire Collection Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Microsoft Solitaire Collection management and catalog what business benefits will Microsoft Solitaire Collection goals deliver if achieved.
– Why is OneDrive important for you now?
– Is the scope of OneDrive defined?
Office Open XML Critical Criteria:
Administer Office Open XML failures and drive action.
– How to Secure OneDrive?
Performance Monitor Critical Criteria:
See the value of Performance Monitor failures and summarize a clear Performance Monitor focus.
Windows Services for UNIX Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Windows Services for UNIX quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Windows Services for UNIX projects.
– Does the OneDrive task fit the clients priorities?
Windows Imaging Format Critical Criteria:
Investigate Windows Imaging Format governance and innovate what needs to be done with Windows Imaging Format.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its OneDrive processes?
Windows Movie Maker Critical Criteria:
Survey Windows Movie Maker outcomes and define what do we need to start doing with Windows Movie Maker.
Microsoft SharePoint Designer Critical Criteria:
Categorize Microsoft SharePoint Designer tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Microsoft SharePoint Designer.
Text file Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Text file adoptions and check on ways to get started with Text file.
– What are all of our OneDrive domains and what do they do?
– What are the Key enablers to make this OneDrive move?
Data Execution Prevention Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Data Execution Prevention tasks and gather practices for scaling Data Execution Prevention.
Snipping Tool Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Snipping Tool goals and devise Snipping Tool key steps.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which OneDrive models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Office 2004 for Mac Critical Criteria:
Investigate Office 2004 for Mac failures and correct better engagement with Office 2004 for Mac results.
– Does OneDrive create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we maintain OneDrives Integrity?
Windows Insider Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Windows Insider leadership and define Windows Insider competency-based leadership.
– Think of your OneDrive project. what are the main functions?
Portable Document Format Critical Criteria:
Add value to Portable Document Format decisions and explore and align the progress in Portable Document Format.
– Among the OneDrive product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the short and long-term OneDrive goals?
MSN Health & Fitness Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about MSN Health & Fitness tasks and learn.
– What business benefits will OneDrive goals deliver if achieved?
– What are internal and external OneDrive relations?
Session Manager Subsystem Critical Criteria:
Debate over Session Manager Subsystem failures and display thorough understanding of the Session Manager Subsystem process.
– What are current OneDrive Paradigms?
Microsoft Office 2019 Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Microsoft Office 2019 strategies and triple focus on important concepts of Microsoft Office 2019 relationship management.
– Is OneDrive dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Windows on Windows Critical Criteria:
Align Windows on Windows quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Windows on Windows decisions.
– Can we do OneDrive without complex (expensive) analysis?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software release life cycle governance and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software release life cycle projects.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of OneDrive product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the OneDrive Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
OneDrive External links:
OneDrive – Official Site
OneDrive on the Mac App Store – iTunes – Apple
Microsoft SharedView External links:
Microsoft SharedView – Download
Microsoft SharedView – Geekswithblogs.net
File Replication Service External links:
Download Sonar.exe: File Replication Service (FRS) …
Windows File Replication Service Management Pack Guide
Microsoft Search Server External links:
Download Security Update for Microsoft Search Server …
Welcome to Microsoft Search Server 2008
Network Access Protection External links:
Network Access Protection – technet.microsoft.com
Log Files for Network Access Protection
How To Enable Network Access Protection – YouTube
Windows Speech Recognition External links:
Download Windows Speech Recognition Macros from …
Fix the problem with Cortana and Windows Speech Recognition
Windows Speech Recognition commands – Windows Help
Windows Live Mail External links:
How to Setup Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 – YouTube
How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?
Add Image Signatures to Windows Live Mail
Windows Script Host External links:
Microsoft – Windows Script Host overview
Windows Script Host – msdn.microsoft.com
How to Repair Windows Script Host | Techwalla.com
Graphics Device Interface External links:
Graphics Device Interface (GDI) (Windows CE 5.0)
User Interface Privilege Isolation External links:
User Interface Privilege Isolation – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
User Interface Privilege Isolation – WOW.com
UIPI means User Interface Privilege Isolation – All Acronyms
Windows Live Search Center External links:
Windows Live Search Center – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Windows Live Search Center&item_type=topic
Media Control Interface External links:
The Computer Guy: Using the Media Control Interface
The Computer Guy: Using the Media Control Interface
MCI – Media Control Interface, Microwave …
Transactional NTFS External links:
Transactional NTFS – technet.microsoft.com
Transactional NTFS (TxF) .NET – Home
Roaming user profile External links:
Roaming User Profile Lost and User Left with Temporary Profile
How To Create a Roaming User Profile in Windows Server 2003
OneDrive Groups External links:
OneDrive Groups – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Microsoft Office XP External links:
Download Security Update for Microsoft Office XP …
Windows Anytime Upgrade External links:
Microsoft Windows Anytime Upgrade: Windows 7 Home …
Error message when you install Windows Anytime Upgrade …
Microsoft Narrator External links:
How to Turn Off the Microsoft Narrator Start Up: 9 Steps
Microsoft Narrator crashes when you open the system …
Windows Mobile Device Center External links:
Description of Windows Mobile Device Center
Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) – No Longer …
Windows Mobile Device Center (Windows) – Download
Outlook Tasks External links:
Office Space: Working with Outlook Tasks
Kernel Transaction Manager External links:
KTM abbreviation stands for Kernel Transaction Manager
Kernel Transaction Manager Resource Manager service
Microsoft Office 97 External links:
Can you Run Microsoft Office 97 on Windows 10, 8?
OFF97: Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1 Patch
How do I remove the Microsoft Office 97 Shortcut Bar?
Google Drive External links:
RaiDrive – NAS, Router, Google Drive, OneDrive and …
Go Google: Google Drive – YouTube
Download Google Drive
NTFS volume mount point External links:
Windows Ultimate Extras External links:
Windows Ultimate Extras Back On The Grid | WIRED
Microsoft Windows Ultimate Extras – Freitas: M
Office 365 Video External links:
Upload videos to Office 365 Video – ITS Knowledge Base
SharePoint and Office 365 Video Training Center – VisualSP
Explore Office 365 Video
Windows Server Update Services External links:
An update for Windows Server Update Services 3.0 …
Update for Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 for …
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
ActiveX Document External links:
What Is an ActiveX Document? – msdn.microsoft.com
File Manager External links:
Best Free File Manager | Gizmo’s Freeware
Right Networks File Manager
DVD Player External links:
Portable Executable External links:
Architectures for Secure Portable Executable Content. – …
Windows Portable Executable Viewer (pe_view) – …
Windows File Protection External links:
Description of the Windows File Protection feature
Character Map External links:
[PDF]Character Map – ReadWriteThink
Character maps – fsymbols
Software development kit External links:
SDK Software Development Kit | ZOLL
Android Software Development Kit (SDK)
iOS Software Development Kit (SDK)
Ribbon Hero External links:
Ribbon Hero – Download
Disk Defragmenter External links:
In Windows 95, 98, and Me, how do I run Disk Defragmenter?
How to use the Disk Defragmenter in Windows 8.1 – YouTube
Disk Defragmenter Tools and Settings: Local File Systems
Windows Contacts External links:
How To Find Windows Contacts on Windows 7
Quick Steps use the Windows Contacts folder instead of …
Microsoft PowerPoint External links:
Microsoft PowerPoint on the App Store – iTunes – Apple
[PDF]Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – King County Library System
Microsoft FrontPage External links:
Microsoft FrontPage (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
Microsoft Frontpage 2003 – gameloft.store
Microsoft Solitaire Collection External links:
Microsoft Solitaire Collection – Solitaire Spider
Microsoft Solitaire Collection – Home | Facebook
Performance Monitor External links:
PM5 (Performance Monitor 5) | Concept2
View Reports in Windows Performance Monitor
Windows Services for UNIX External links:
Microsoft Windows Services for Unix 3.5 – Google Groups
Password Synchronization in Windows Services for UNIX
Windows Imaging Format External links:
Winclone 6 and WIM (Windows Imaging Format) | …
Windows Movie Maker External links:
Untitled-Windows Movie Maker – YouTube
Windows Movie Maker (Windows) – Download
Untitled windows movie maker Free Download – …
Microsoft SharePoint Designer External links:
Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013 | ATUS
Download Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 (64-bit) …
Text file External links:
c# – How to read text file between “” – Stack Overflow
How to create a text file list of the contents of a folder
TEXT File – What is it and how do I open it?
Data Execution Prevention External links:
Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs.
Snipping Tool External links:
Open Snipping Tool and take a screenshot
Windows XP Snipping Tool – Home
Use snipping tool to capture screenshots – Windows Help
Office 2004 for Mac External links:
[PDF]Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac North America Retail – …
Description of the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.3 …
Windows Insider External links:
Windows Insider Lab for Enterprise
The Windows Insider
Portable Document Format External links:
Portable Document Format (PDF) – U.S. Census Bureau
Portable Document Format (PDF) Readers | US-CERT
MSN Health & Fitness External links:
MSN Health & Fitness – Official Site
Session Manager Subsystem External links:
Session Manager Subsystem – dictionary.sensagent.com
dictionary.sensagent.com/Session Manager Subsystem/en-en
Session Manager Subsystem (smss.exe) – AnVir
Microsoft Office 2019 External links:
Microsoft Office 2019 New Features (Released) – YouTube
Microsoft Office 2019 – Download
Microsoft Office 2019 is coming next year – Sep. 26, 2017
Windows on Windows External links:
Divvy Splits Up and Organizes Windows on Windows and …
Windows On Windows – YouTube
Software release life cycle External links:
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com