What is involved in Architecting Critical Systems
Find out what the related areas are that Architecting Critical Systems connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Architecting Critical Systems thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Architecting Critical Systems journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Architecting Critical Systems leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Architecting Critical Systems related domains to cover and 169 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Architecting Critical Systems, Systems architect, Acceptance test, Business analyst, Commercial off-the-shelf, Computer hardware, Computer model, Computer security, Computer shortcut, Cost–benefit analysis, Criminal proceedings, Eberhardt Rechtin, Enterprise architect, Enterprise architecture, File allocation table, Hardware architecture, Human factors and ergonomics, Information and communications technology, Information transfer, Operational definition, Quality control, Reliability engineering, Requirements analysis, Requirements engineering, Safety engineering, Service-oriented modeling, Software architecture, Software engineering, Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering, Systems architecture, Systems design, Systems modeling, Test engineers, Test method, User guide, Well defined:
##Architecting Critical Systems Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Architecting Critical Systems decisions and explain and analyze the challenges of Architecting Critical Systems.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Architecting Critical Systems does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– In what ways are Architecting Critical Systems vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we manage Architecting Critical Systems Knowledge Management (KM)?
##Systems architect Critical Criteria:
Participate in Systems architect planning and optimize Systems architect leadership as a key to advancement.
– Who sets the Architecting Critical Systems standards?
– How do we Lead with Architecting Critical Systems in Mind?
##Acceptance test Critical Criteria:
Sort Acceptance test planning and arbitrate Acceptance test techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Architecting Critical Systems project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– When a Architecting Critical Systems manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Architecting Critical Systems move?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
##Business analyst Critical Criteria:
Mix Business analyst tactics and cater for concise Business analyst education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Architecting Critical Systems process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Architecting Critical Systems process available?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Architecting Critical Systems. How do we gain traction?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Architecting Critical Systems objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– Do business analysts know the cost of feature addition or modification?
##Commercial off-the-shelf Critical Criteria:
Learn from Commercial off-the-shelf tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Commercial off-the-shelf because they lack skills.
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– Are there Architecting Critical Systems Models?
##Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Learn from Computer hardware risks and check on ways to get started with Computer hardware.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Architecting Critical Systems project manager?
– Is Architecting Critical Systems Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the long-term Architecting Critical Systems goals?
##Computer model Critical Criteria:
Check Computer model failures and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Computer model is getting what it needs.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Architecting Critical Systems is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Architecting Critical Systems leader?
– Is Supporting Architecting Critical Systems documentation required?
##Computer security Critical Criteria:
Analyze Computer security issues and handle a jump-start course to Computer security.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Architecting Critical Systems strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– How to deal with Architecting Critical Systems Changes?
##Computer shortcut Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Computer shortcut strategies and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Computer shortcut.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Architecting Critical Systems information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How can you negotiate Architecting Critical Systems successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Architecting Critical Systems process?
##Cost–benefit analysis Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Cost–benefit analysis tasks and explore and align the progress in Cost–benefit analysis.
– What are the disruptive Architecting Critical Systems technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Architecting Critical Systems activities?
##Criminal proceedings Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Criminal proceedings decisions and raise human resource and employment practices for Criminal proceedings.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Architecting Critical Systems with what users do day-to-day?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Architecting Critical Systems moving forward?
– Does Architecting Critical Systems analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
##Eberhardt Rechtin Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Eberhardt Rechtin projects and know what your objective is.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Architecting Critical Systems strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do those selected for the Architecting Critical Systems team have a good general understanding of what Architecting Critical Systems is all about?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Architecting Critical Systems been identified and analyzed?
##Enterprise architect Critical Criteria:
Graph Enterprise architect quality and tour deciding if Enterprise architect progress is made.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– How do we measure improved Architecting Critical Systems service perception, and satisfaction?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– How can you measure Architecting Critical Systems in a systematic way?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
– What skills are specific to Enterprise Architect role?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
##Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Enterprise architecture quality and figure out ways to motivate other Enterprise architecture users.
– Will Architecting Critical Systems have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we Identify specific Architecting Critical Systems investment and emerging trends?
##File allocation table Critical Criteria:
Give examples of File allocation table decisions and catalog File allocation table activities.
– Is there any existing Architecting Critical Systems governance structure?
– Why is Architecting Critical Systems important for you now?
– Are we Assessing Architecting Critical Systems and Risk?
##Hardware architecture Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Hardware architecture governance and learn.
– What are the key elements of your Architecting Critical Systems performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How can we improve Architecting Critical Systems?
##Human factors and ergonomics Critical Criteria:
Start Human factors and ergonomics tasks and probe Human factors and ergonomics strategic alliances.
– Do we all define Architecting Critical Systems in the same way?
– What threat is Architecting Critical Systems addressing?
##Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Analyze Information and communications technology strategies and tour deciding if Information and communications technology progress is made.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Architecting Critical Systems models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do we know that any Architecting Critical Systems analysis is complete and comprehensive?
##Information transfer Critical Criteria:
Pilot Information transfer failures and change contexts.
– How important is Architecting Critical Systems to the user organizations mission?
– What vendors make products that address the Architecting Critical Systems needs?
– Why are Architecting Critical Systems skills important?
##Operational definition Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Operational definition adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Operational definition.
##Quality control Critical Criteria:
Administer Quality control adoptions and triple focus on important concepts of Quality control relationship management.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Architecting Critical Systems services/products?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– How do we go about Comparing Architecting Critical Systems approaches/solutions?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– Are regulatory inspections considered part of quality control?
– Are there Architecting Critical Systems problems defined?
– What about quality control? Defects?
– What is your quality control system?
– What about quality control?
##Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Define Reliability engineering results and stake your claim.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Architecting Critical Systems processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Architecting Critical Systems products are done in a way that ensures safety?
##Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Requirements analysis tactics and observe effective Requirements analysis.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Architecting Critical Systems processes of our organization?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Architecting Critical Systems?
##Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Nurse Requirements engineering outcomes and give examples utilizing a core of simple Requirements engineering skills.
– Are assumptions made in Architecting Critical Systems stated explicitly?
– What is our Architecting Critical Systems Strategy?
##Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Safety engineering failures and look for lots of ideas.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Architecting Critical Systems values?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Architecting Critical Systems project?
##Service-oriented modeling Critical Criteria:
Survey Service-oriented modeling visions and separate what are the business goals Service-oriented modeling is aiming to achieve.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Architecting Critical Systems forward?
– Are accountability and ownership for Architecting Critical Systems clearly defined?
– Do we have past Architecting Critical Systems Successes?
##Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Categorize Software architecture failures and triple focus on important concepts of Software architecture relationship management.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Architecting Critical Systems objectives?
##Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Map Software engineering outcomes and acquire concise Software engineering education.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Think about the people you identified for your Architecting Critical Systems project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Architecting Critical Systems goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– How much does Architecting Critical Systems help?
##Systems Engineer Critical Criteria:
Mix Systems Engineer projects and secure Systems Engineer creativity.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Architecting Critical Systems?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Who will provide the final approval of Architecting Critical Systems deliverables?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– Is systems engineering the solution to all of our systems problems?
– Standards, goals, and appropriate processes been established?
– What is the sequence of activities that will be performed?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How much architecting is enough?
– Why model-based architectures?
– Multiple development cycles?
– Right requirements?
##Systems Engineering Critical Criteria:
Talk about Systems Engineering strategies and revise understanding of Systems Engineering architectures.
– The approach of traditional Architecting Critical Systems works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– What constraints apply, either in the nature and scope of our design effort (time, cost, funding, and other resources) or in the nature (size, cost, weight, etc.) of our solution?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– What happens if new needs (or more likely new requirements) are identified after the final needs or requirements have been developed?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– Do we have confidence in the reliability and robustness of the systems we design?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– Have all basic functions of Architecting Critical Systems been defined?
– Why has systems engineering emerged as a distinct discipline?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– What policies are currently being implemented?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– Right implementation?
– Where are we today?
##Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Test Systems architecture visions and define what do we need to start doing with Systems architecture.
– What is our formula for success in Architecting Critical Systems ?
##Systems design Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Systems design failures and proactively manage Systems design risks.
– Is a technical solution for data loss prevention -i.e., systems designed to automatically monitor for data leakage -considered essential to enterprise risk management?
– Among the Architecting Critical Systems product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the usability implications of Architecting Critical Systems actions?
##Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Talk about Systems modeling governance and remodel and develop an effective Systems modeling strategy.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Architecting Critical Systems strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is the purpose of Architecting Critical Systems in relation to the mission?
##Test engineers Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Test engineers results and assess what counts with Test engineers that we are not counting.
– Do Architecting Critical Systems rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the business goals Architecting Critical Systems is aiming to achieve?
##Test method Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Test method tactics and intervene in Test method processes and leadership.
– Does Architecting Critical Systems create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Does our organization need more Architecting Critical Systems education?
– What about Architecting Critical Systems Analysis of results?
##User guide Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about User guide failures and prioritize challenges of User guide.
– Can we add value to the current Architecting Critical Systems decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is a Architecting Critical Systems Team Work effort in place?
– What are our Architecting Critical Systems Processes?
##Well defined Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Well defined quality and explore and align the progress in Well defined.
– Are the customer segments for the product well defined, e.g. in terms of industry line, company size, buyer type (CEO/board level individual vs. human resource manager), geography etc?
– What are our needs in relation to Architecting Critical Systems skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Architecting Critical Systems Required?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Architecting Critical Systems Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems architect External links:
Job Details – Systems Architect
Acceptance test External links:
Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) | Agile …
Acceptance Test Employer and Technicians | CALCTP
Business analyst External links:
Here are 13 Jobs that Can Lead to a Business Analyst Job
Business Analyst Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Commercial off-the-shelf External links:
[PDF][Commercial Off-The-Shelf Software] – Florida
[PPT]COMMERCIAL OFF-THE-SHELF (COTS)
Commercial Off-the-Shelf Software 2012 (COTS 2012)
Computer hardware External links:
Computer Hardware Inc.
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
What Is Computer Hardware – Study.com
Computer model External links:
Computer model reveals Essure’s pregnancy risk – Futurity
FORBEEF: A Forage-Livestock System Computer Model Used …
JLC Enterprises – Computer Model Railroad Interface …
Computer security External links:
Best Computer Security | Security Software Companies| …
CSRC – NIST Computer Security Publications
GateKeeper – Computer Security Lock | Security for Laptops
Computer shortcut External links:
COMPUTER SHORTCUTS – BarCharts
Criminal proceedings External links:
Title 30-A, §283: Criminal proceedings
[PDF]TITLE 16 CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS 2008
Eberhardt Rechtin External links:
[PDF]Save-The-Date: 2017 Eberhardt Rechtin Keynote …
Enterprise architect External links:
Enterprise Architecture Member Certifications
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architect Jobs – Monster.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Center for Enterprise Architecture
File allocation table External links:
file allocation table – Wiktionary
file allocation table – EBSCO Information Services
File Allocation Table | File System | Filename
Hardware architecture External links:
NetApp ONTAP Clustered Hardware Architecture – FlackBox
Plan hardware architecture in Project Server 2010
Human factors and ergonomics External links:
Human Factors and Ergonomics Master’s Degree …
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Student …
Information and communications technology External links:
Information and Communications Technology master’s …
Information transfer External links:
[1110.2724] Information Transfer in Social Media
Information transfer. (Book, 1982) [WorldCat.org]
Information Transfer Meeting | BOEM
Operational definition External links:
operational definition – Wiktionary
[PDF]Operational Definitions – KIPBS – KIPBS | Welcome
Operational Definition – Template & Example
Quality control External links:
Quality Control Products | Call (504) 392-9464
Ardent Services, Inc. | Quality Control Evaluation Services
Part D: Ensuring Quality Control (QC) – fanniemae.com
Reliability engineering External links:
Reliability Engineering | ASQ
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Requirements analysis External links:
Introduction to Requirements Analysis | About …
Business Analysis: Introduction to Requirements Analysis
[DOC]Requirements Analysis Document (RAD) – Brandeis …
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Requirements Engineering – QA
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
Safety engineering External links:
APT Research, Inc. | Safety Engineering
Radiation Safety Engineering, Inc.
Service-oriented modeling External links:
[PDF]Service-Oriented Modeling Framework (SOMF) …
Software architecture External links:
Software Architecture & Design | Udacity
The C4 model for software architecture
.NET Software Architecture Workshops – Stack Mechanics
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Systems Engineer External links:
What does a Computer Systems Engineer do?
Systems Engineer Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
What does a Computer Systems Engineer do? – Sokanu
Systems Engineering External links:
Advanced Systems Engineering Corporation | ASEC …
Information Systems Engineering – Infor XA
Systems Engineering | IT Services Company | …
Systems architecture External links:
Software Systems Architecture
Systems design External links:
ASD | Automated Systems Design – Workplace Solutions
Training Systems Design
Systems modeling External links:
ERIC – Decisive Factors in Systems Modeling and …
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
Test method External links:
Fall-of-potential test method – Fluke Corporation
[DOC]Test Method – ASTM International
[PDF]TEST METHOD FOR THE CHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF …
User guide External links:
[PDF]340B OPAIS User Guide
The City of Lee’s Summit – User Guide