What is involved in Business Continuity Strategy
Find out what the related areas are that Business Continuity Strategy connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business Continuity Strategy thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Continuity Strategy journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Continuity Strategy leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business Continuity Strategy related domains to cover and 197 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business Continuity Strategy, Business continuity, Business continuity planning, Change management, Contingency management, Data center automation, Data recovery, Digital continuity, Disaster recovery, Disaster recovery plan, Firmware, High Availability, ISO 22301, Information Technology, Information security, Managed System, Microcode, Quality management, Resilience, Risk management, Service level agreement, Subnetwork, Volume Group, Workload Management:
Business Continuity Strategy Critical Criteria:
Examine Business Continuity Strategy governance and display thorough understanding of the Business Continuity Strategy process.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business Continuity Strategy project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business Continuity Strategy project lifecycle?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business Continuity Strategy does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is there a Business Continuity Strategy Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Business continuity Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Business continuity management and get answers.
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Do you have a written business continuity/disaster recovery plan that includes procedures to be followed in the event of a disruptive computer incident?
– Do our business continuity andor disaster recovery plan (bcp/drp) address the timely recovery of our it functions in the event of a disaster?
– What programs/projects/departments/groups have some or all responsibility for business continuity/Risk Management/organizational resilience?
– What are the disruptive Business Continuity Strategy technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Will Business Continuity Strategy have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How will management prepare employees for a disaster, reduce the overall risks, and shorten the recovery window?
– Does increasing our companys footprint add to the challenge of business continuity?
– How does our business continuity plan differ from a disaster recovery plan?
– Has business continuity thinking and planning become too formulaic?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– Who needs to know about Business Continuity Strategy ?
– What do we really want from Service Management?
– Do you have a tested IT disaster recovery plan?
– What are current Business Continuity Strategy Paradigms?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Discourse Business continuity planning tasks and report on setting up Business continuity planning without losing ground.
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business Continuity Strategy activities?
– What are the usability implications of Business Continuity Strategy actions?
– Do we all define Business Continuity Strategy in the same way?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Audit Change management goals and balance specific methods for improving Change management results.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– In terms of change focus, leaders will examine the success of past strategic initiatives and the concrete Change Management that accompanied them. is the overall strategy sound?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business Continuity Strategy services/products?
– How should projects be phased to allow adequate time for Change Management and organizational acceptance of the selected technologies?
– Do you have formalized processes for organizational change management within your organization?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– What is the Change Management process?
Contingency management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Contingency management strategies and overcome Contingency management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business Continuity Strategy models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does Business Continuity Strategy create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Have all basic functions of Business Continuity Strategy been defined?
Data center automation Critical Criteria:
Participate in Data center automation outcomes and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Data center automation.
– Is maximizing Business Continuity Strategy protection the same as minimizing Business Continuity Strategy loss?
– Why are Business Continuity Strategy skills important?
Data recovery Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Data recovery issues and work towards be a leading Data recovery expert.
– How can you negotiate Business Continuity Strategy successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business Continuity Strategy moving forward?
– Are accountability and ownership for Business Continuity Strategy clearly defined?
– What is the most competent data recovery service in the us?
Digital continuity Critical Criteria:
Adapt Digital continuity governance and shift your focus.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business Continuity Strategy, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business Continuity Strategy processes of our organization?
– When a Business Continuity Strategy manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Disaster recovery Critical Criteria:
Nurse Disaster recovery risks and change contexts.
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– Is There an individual or team responsible to routinely ensure the alternate processing facility has the necessary hardware, supplies, and documentation to resume processing?
– Do we Assess the severity of damages and do we know when damages are enough to warrant activation of all or part of the disaster recovery plan?
– Can the customer work with you to conduct separate disaster recovery tests in order to test/validate readiness?
– Incorporated your analysis of the market conditions postdisaster into your recovery plan?
– Which of the following information should be documented to facilitate disaster recovery?
– How do we ensure Complete audit trails are maintained during the recovery period?
– How many times have we invoked our bc plans in the past five years?
– How often do you fully test your disaster recovery capabilities?
– How well do we document, keep up-to-date, and test our bc plans?
– Inside the new building what equipment is/goes where?
– Insurance covering equipment replacement needs?
– Are there On-premise it management tools?
– How could a M9.0 earthquake affect us?
– What is post-disaster recovery to us?
– What is disaster recovery testing?
– Can team members work off site?
Disaster recovery plan Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Disaster recovery plan leadership and look at the big picture.
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– Has your organization ever had to invoke its disaster recovery plan which included the CRM solution and if so was the recovery time objective met and how long did it take to return to your primary solution?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– Have policies and procedures been established to ensure the continuity of data services in an event of a data breach, loss, or other disaster (this includes a disaster recovery plan)?
– Does our business continuity and/or disaster recovery plan (bcp/drp) address the timely recovery of its it functions in the event of a disaster?
– What actions start the master disaster recovery plan (drp), business recovery plan (brp), and emergency recovery plan (erp)?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– Do we plan a Disaster recovery plan test and a full interruption disaster recovery plan test?
– Do Payroll, financials, etc disaster recovery plans (drp) correlate with the overall erp?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What are we doing related to disaster recovery planning & programs?
– What are the pros and cons of a cloud disaster recovery plan?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
Firmware Critical Criteria:
Meet over Firmware engagements and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Firmware decisions.
– IoT-based offerings are no longer one-off product hardware sales. Instead, manufacturers will embark on new relationships with customers that last for the entire lifecycle of the hardware product. Through over-the-air (OTA) communications, firmware updates and feature enhancements can be delivered to IoT products for as long as they are installed. Given this shift, how should we price our IoT offerings?
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– Does the company have equipment dependent on remote upgrades to firmware or software, or have plans to implement such systems?
– How will you measure your Business Continuity Strategy effectiveness?
High Availability Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase High Availability results and improve High Availability service perception.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business Continuity Strategy process?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business Continuity Strategy study?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– What is our Business Continuity Strategy Strategy?
ISO 22301 Critical Criteria:
Dissect ISO 22301 tactics and figure out ways to motivate other ISO 22301 users.
– What are our needs in relation to Business Continuity Strategy skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Do Business Continuity Strategy rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Information Technology Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Information Technology tactics and pay attention to the small things.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business Continuity Strategy? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How much does Business Continuity Strategy help?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Information security engagements and differentiate in coordinating Information security.
– Does the information security function actively engage with other critical functions, such as it, Human Resources, legal, and the privacy officer, to develop and enforce compliance with information security and privacy policies and practices?
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Is mgmt able to determine whether security activities delegated to people or implemented by information security are performing as expected?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– Is there a consistent and effective approach applied to the mgmt of information security events?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– Is information security managed within the organization?
– What is the goal of information security?
Managed System Critical Criteria:
Read up on Managed System goals and reduce Managed System costs.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business Continuity Strategy in a volatile global economy?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business Continuity Strategy objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Microcode Critical Criteria:
Match Microcode tactics and question.
– Does Business Continuity Strategy analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business Continuity Strategy?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Quality management engagements and learn.
– Can we add value to the current Business Continuity Strategy decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the short and long-term Business Continuity Strategy goals?
– Is a Business Continuity Strategy Team Work effort in place?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Resilience Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Resilience engagements and create a map for yourself.
– What type and amount of resources does the system develop inherently and what does it attract from the close and distant environment to employ them consequently in the resilience process?
– How and how much do Resilience functions performed by a particular system impact own and others vulnerabilities?
– How and how much Resilience functions performed by a particular system impact own and others vulnerabilities?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business Continuity Strategy project?
– How will our organization address the key risk areas of security, resilience and data leakage?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within services?
– What is the nature and character of our Resilience functions?
– Is the scope of Business Continuity Strategy defined?
– Why focus on Cybersecurity & resilience?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Risk management management and oversee implementation of Risk management.
– Can we describe our organizations policies and procedures governing risk generally and Cybersecurity risk specifically. How does senior management communicate and oversee these policies and procedures?
– Does the final risk determination and risk acceptance by the authorizing official reflect the Risk Management strategy developed by the organization and conveyed by the risk executive (function)?
– Are we communicating about our Cybersecurity Risk Management programs including the effectiveness of those programs to stakeholders, including boards, investors, auditors, and insurers?
– Does your Cybersecurity plan contain both cyber and physical security components, or does your physical security plan identify critical cyber assets?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– Is your strategy development linked to risk management or any ERM? Or are you looking for ERM to support strategic objectives?
– How would you characterize the adequacy of Risk Management typically done for projects and programs in your organization?
– Do you have a clear management framework or a document that describes the governance of your organization?
– Do you have a consumer communication plan or a way of dealing with customer perceptions and expectations?
– Are there any threats or vulnerabilities in the environment? Has anything changed in production?
– Has the company experienced an increase in the number of Cybersecurity breaches?
– Where do we locate our Cybersecurity Risk Management program/office?
– Are individuals specifically assigned Cybersecurity responsibility?
– User Involvement: Do I have the right users?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Are executives sufficiently informed of risk?
– What do we have to produce/create?
– How do we prioritize risks?
Service level agreement Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Service level agreement failures and assess and formulate effective operational and Service level agreement strategies.
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– Do contracts contain adequate and measurable Service Level Agreements?
– Are there encryption requirements, especially of off-line copies?
– What actions will be taken in the event of a serious disruption?
– Is your firm willing to commit to Service Level Agreements?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– what is an sla in the context of a website or company?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– Are there Data Dependencies or Consistency Groups?
– What is the retention period of the data?
– What will it take to make it work?
– How will service be delivered?
– What services are provided?
– What to optimise for?
– Who prepares the SLA?
– Where is the data?
Subnetwork Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Subnetwork quality and customize techniques for implementing Subnetwork controls.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business Continuity Strategy products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Which Business Continuity Strategy goals are the most important?
– Are there Business Continuity Strategy problems defined?
Volume Group Critical Criteria:
Mine Volume Group issues and revise understanding of Volume Group architectures.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Business Continuity Strategy ?
– Can we do Business Continuity Strategy without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we manage Business Continuity Strategy Knowledge Management (KM)?
Workload Management Critical Criteria:
Graph Workload Management management and drive action.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business Continuity Strategy? There might be some that are less obvious?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Continuity Strategy Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business Continuity Strategy External links:
Establishing Your Business Continuity Strategy – …
Business Continuity Strategy Development – YouTube
Disaster Recovery Plan | Business Continuity Strategy
Business continuity External links:
American Business Continuity Domes – ABC Domes
What is business continuity? | The BCI
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning – Northwestern University
Change management External links:
DCCA Change Management
Change Management Consulting Firm | Clerestory Consulting
Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model – Change Management …
Contingency management External links:
Contingency Management | Effect Size | Meta Analysis
[PDF]Contingency Management of System 463L Pallets and …
“Contingency Management Effect on Cocaine Use While …
Data center automation External links:
Data Center Automation | Mumbai | Sunrise Consulting
Zefflin – Data Center Automation & Cloud Management …
Data Center Automation | pureIntegration
Data recovery External links:
RecoveryAndroid: Expert at Data Recovery and Transfer …
Data Recovery is a reliable and practical single-function application for recovering deleted files on your system.Data Recovery requires no installation and
Ontrack | Data Recovery and eDiscovery
Digital continuity External links:
Digital Continuity: The Holy Grail | QUMAS
Disaster recovery External links:
Enterprise & Private Cloud – Disaster Recovery – Backup
Disaster recovery plan External links:
Firmware External links:
Firmware Updates for Seagate Products
Download Foscam Firmware
Audi Updates sat nav maps dvd sd card 2017 firmware activation
High Availability External links:
Planning for High Availability with Configuration Manager
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & DoubleTake
ISO 22301 External links:
[PDF]ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management
ISO 22301 Business Continuity Standard in Plain English
[PDF]ISO 22301 2012 Translated into Plain English – …
Information Technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Managed Security Services | Information Security Solutions
Managed System External links:
Managed System Extensibility – Microsoft Corporation
Notification Email for Managed System (153633)
Microcode External links:
linux – What is Intel microcode? – Stack Overflow
drivers – Intel Microcode Necessary? – Ask Ubuntu
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Risk Management Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
20 Best Title:(risk Management Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Service level agreement External links:
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Educationand E & O
Subnetwork External links:
Subnetwork Access Protocol – How is Subnetwork …
What is subnetwork? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Volume Group External links:
Moving a volume group to another system – TLDP
Removing physical volumes from a volume group – TLDP
Workload Management External links:
Workload Management – Back Office Optimization | Genesys
Teradata Workload Management
Adaptive Computing — Intelligent Workload Management …