What is involved in Engineering geology
Find out what the related areas are that Engineering geology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Engineering geology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Engineering geology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Engineering geology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Engineering geology related domains to cover and 95 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Engineering geology, Slope stability, Sea cliff, Historical geology, Mine reclamation, Sewage treatment, Ground water, Geological engineering, Deformation Monitoring, Coastal engineering, Volcanic eruption, Rock mechanics, Power plant, Hot springs, Automatic Deformation Monitoring System, Drilling platform, Petroleum engineering, Engineering geologist, Gas emissions, Transmission line, Mass transit, Pipeline transport, Marginally rippable, Habitat restoration, Geotechnical engineering, Geotechnical investigation, Mining engineering, Debris flow, Aerial photograph, Geological hazard assessments, Planetary geology, Rock blasting, Water treatment, Structural geology, Geological Society of America, Economic geology, Earthquake engineering, Seismic retrofit, International Standard Book Number:
Engineering geology Critical Criteria:
Categorize Engineering geology goals and stake your claim.
– Can we do Engineering geology without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What threat is Engineering geology addressing?
Slope stability Critical Criteria:
Canvass Slope stability tasks and plan concise Slope stability education.
– Consider your own Engineering geology project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Engineering geology is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can the value of Engineering geology be defined?
Sea cliff Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Sea cliff leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Sea cliff projects.
– What are the disruptive Engineering geology technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do the Engineering geology decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we manage Engineering geology Knowledge Management (KM)?
Historical geology Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Historical geology risks and maintain Historical geology for success.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Engineering geology in a volatile global economy?
– Do we monitor the Engineering geology decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Engineering geology processes?
Mine reclamation Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Mine reclamation risks and plan concise Mine reclamation education.
– Have you identified your Engineering geology key performance indicators?
– How can we improve Engineering geology?
Sewage treatment Critical Criteria:
Apply Sewage treatment planning and describe the risks of Sewage treatment sustainability.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Engineering geology project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Engineering geology experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Engineering geology project?
Ground water Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Ground water tasks and drive action.
– How do we maintain Engineering geologys Integrity?
– Are we Assessing Engineering geology and Risk?
Geological engineering Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Geological engineering quality and look at the big picture.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Engineering geology services/products?
– Is Engineering geology dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How do we go about Comparing Engineering geology approaches/solutions?
Deformation Monitoring Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Deformation Monitoring adoptions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Deformation Monitoring projects.
– How can you measure Engineering geology in a systematic way?
– How to deal with Engineering geology Changes?
Coastal engineering Critical Criteria:
Test Coastal engineering tactics and define Coastal engineering competency-based leadership.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Engineering geology into the services that we provide?
– Is there a Engineering geology Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do Engineering geology rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Volcanic eruption Critical Criteria:
Group Volcanic eruption issues and oversee Volcanic eruption requirements.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Engineering geology? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are there Engineering geology Models?
Rock mechanics Critical Criteria:
Guard Rock mechanics outcomes and ask what if.
– For your Engineering geology project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the long-term Engineering geology goals?
Power plant Critical Criteria:
Use past Power plant risks and create a map for yourself.
– What are the barriers to increased Engineering geology production?
– Is there any existing Engineering geology governance structure?
Hot springs Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Hot springs goals and point out improvements in Hot springs.
– How will you know that the Engineering geology project has been successful?
– Why are Engineering geology skills important?
Automatic Deformation Monitoring System Critical Criteria:
Meet over Automatic Deformation Monitoring System decisions and probe Automatic Deformation Monitoring System strategic alliances.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Engineering geology project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Engineering geology project lifecycle?
– Think of your Engineering geology project. what are the main functions?
– What is Effective Engineering geology?
Drilling platform Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Drilling platform governance and define Drilling platform competency-based leadership.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Engineering geology strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we measure improved Engineering geology service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is our formula for success in Engineering geology ?
Petroleum engineering Critical Criteria:
Discuss Petroleum engineering outcomes and summarize a clear Petroleum engineering focus.
– Do those selected for the Engineering geology team have a good general understanding of what Engineering geology is all about?
– Is maximizing Engineering geology protection the same as minimizing Engineering geology loss?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Engineering geology leaders?
Engineering geologist Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Engineering geologist tactics and plan concise Engineering geologist education.
– In a project to restructure Engineering geology outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we Improve Engineering geology service perception, and satisfaction?
Gas emissions Critical Criteria:
Own Gas emissions adoptions and correct Gas emissions management by competencies.
Transmission line Critical Criteria:
Read up on Transmission line management and balance specific methods for improving Transmission line results.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Engineering geology products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How is the value delivered by Engineering geology being measured?
– What are specific Engineering geology Rules to follow?
Mass transit Critical Criteria:
Mix Mass transit tactics and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Mass transit information.
– Among the Engineering geology product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Engineering geology delivery for example is new software needed?
– In what ways are Engineering geology vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Pipeline transport Critical Criteria:
Detail Pipeline transport decisions and look in other fields.
– Is a Engineering geology Team Work effort in place?
– How do we Lead with Engineering geology in Mind?
Marginally rippable Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Marginally rippable results and explain and analyze the challenges of Marginally rippable.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Engineering geology product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Engineering geology values?
Habitat restoration Critical Criteria:
Model after Habitat restoration projects and sort Habitat restoration activities.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Engineering geology?
– Who sets the Engineering geology standards?
Geotechnical engineering Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Geotechnical engineering tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Geotechnical engineering.
– To what extent does management recognize Engineering geology as a tool to increase the results?
– How important is Engineering geology to the user organizations mission?
Geotechnical investigation Critical Criteria:
Debate over Geotechnical investigation tactics and get answers.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Engineering geology?
Mining engineering Critical Criteria:
Apply Mining engineering governance and sort Mining engineering activities.
Debris flow Critical Criteria:
Graph Debris flow decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Debris flow.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Engineering geology?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Engineering geology opportunities costing us money?
Aerial photograph Critical Criteria:
Use past Aerial photograph strategies and secure Aerial photograph creativity.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Engineering geology does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is the Engineering geology organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Does Engineering geology appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Geological hazard assessments Critical Criteria:
Chat re Geological hazard assessments goals and stake your claim.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Engineering geology project?
Planetary geology Critical Criteria:
Chart Planetary geology outcomes and point out Planetary geology tensions in leadership.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Engineering geology objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– When a Engineering geology manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Rock blasting Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Rock blasting engagements and separate what are the business goals Rock blasting is aiming to achieve.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Engineering geology agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we Identify specific Engineering geology investment and emerging trends?
– Is the scope of Engineering geology defined?
Water treatment Critical Criteria:
Chart Water treatment decisions and report on setting up Water treatment without losing ground.
– What are all of our Engineering geology domains and what do they do?
– What is our Engineering geology Strategy?
Structural geology Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Structural geology management and plan concise Structural geology education.
– Will Engineering geology deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can skill-level changes improve Engineering geology?
– How to Secure Engineering geology?
Geological Society of America Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Geological Society of America outcomes and look at the big picture.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Engineering geology strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we keep improving Engineering geology?
Economic geology Critical Criteria:
Systematize Economic geology tasks and customize techniques for implementing Economic geology controls.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Engineering geology requirements in detail?
– What vendors make products that address the Engineering geology needs?
Earthquake engineering Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Earthquake engineering engagements and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Earthquake engineering projects.
Seismic retrofit Critical Criteria:
Systematize Seismic retrofit projects and intervene in Seismic retrofit processes and leadership.
– Does Engineering geology analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What is the purpose of Engineering geology in relation to the mission?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Meet over International Standard Book Number tasks and oversee International Standard Book Number management by competencies.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Engineering geology processes?
– Is Supporting Engineering geology documentation required?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Engineering geology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Engineering geology External links:
Engineering geology. (Journal, magazine, 1965) …
Engineering Geology – Official Site
Slope stability External links:
Slope Stability – Rocscience
[PDF]Lecture 12: Slope Stability – College of Science & …
Slope stability. (Book, 1974) [WorldCat.org]
Sea cliff External links:
CLUB WYNDHAM -Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff
Historical geology External links:
[PDF]Principles of Historical Geology
Historical geology (Book, 1965) [WorldCat.org]
Mine reclamation External links:
DMR Welcome to the Division of Mine Reclamation
Waukesha County – Nonmetallic Mine Reclamation
30 U.S. Code § 1231 – Abandoned Mine Reclamation Fund | …
Sewage treatment External links:
Sewage treatment – ScienceDaily
WEC Projects – Sewage Treatment | Renewable Energies
[PDF]Sewage Treatment Worker, Exam 1048
Ground water External links:
AGWT – Home | American Ground Water Trust
Ground Water and Drinking Water | US EPA
Kansas Ground Water Association
Geological engineering External links:
Harold Hamm School of Geology & Geological Engineering
Bay Area Geotechnical/Geological Engineering
Department of Geology and Geological Engineering at …
Deformation Monitoring External links:
Leica Nova Deformation Monitoring Application – YouTube
Crustal Deformation Monitoring – USGS Earthquake …
Coastal engineering External links:
Coastal Engineering Co. – Official Site
Volcanic eruption External links:
Types of Volcanic Eruptions – Geology
Yellowstone Evacuated Due to Volcanic Eruption
Rock mechanics External links:
[PDF]Lectures on Rock MechanicsLectures on Rock …
Rock Mechanics – RMIT University
[PDF]Rock Mechanics – University of Notre Dame
Power plant External links:
Hot springs External links:
Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Drilling platform External links:
Life on Board a Gulf of Mexico Oil Drilling Platform
Mobile drilling platform | SGCommand | FANDOM …
Petroleum engineering External links:
Department of Petroleum Engineering – Whitacre College …
Petroleum engineering | Britannica.com
Engineering geologist External links:
[PDF]Engineering Geologist 5699 3756 9PB02 – CalCareers
Senior Engineering Geologist Examination – California
[PDF]Engineering Geologist – CA Jobs – State of California
Gas emissions External links:
What are Gas Emissions? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
EIA – Greenhouse Gas Emissions – Nitrous Oxide Emissions
Transmission line External links:
Transmission Line Connector – AutoZone.com
www.autozone.com › … › Fittings And Hose / Line Connectors
Great Northern Transmission Line
Boardman to Hemingway Transmission Line Project – …
Mass transit External links:
Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District – Official Site
RECARO – Aftermarket, Mass transit, Military, Motorsport …
Pipeline transport External links:
Business Profile | Wolverine Pipeline Transport LTD.
Pig Launcher and Receiver | Pipeline Transport | Valve
Petroleum – Refining – Pipeline Transport
Habitat restoration External links:
Ecological Consulting & Habitat Restoration | Great Ecology
Habitat Restoration | Presidio – San Francisco, CA
Geotechnical engineering External links:
GeoDesign, Inc. – Geotechnical Engineering Consultants
Geotechnical investigation External links:
[PDF]Geotechnical Investigation Report and Summary of …
Mining engineering External links:
Home – Mining Engineering
Mining Engineering – Overview
Research – Mining Engineering
Debris flow External links:
Wildfire Debris Flow | USGS CA Water Science Center
What is a Debris Flow? Definition, Videos, Pictures, Maps
Aerial photograph External links:
Shuster Aerial Photograph Collection – Humboldt Room – …
Hire Aerial Photography Drone Pilots | Droners.io
UFDC Home – Aerial Photography: Florida
Planetary geology External links:
Chap. 9 Planetary Geology Flashcards | Quizlet
GEOL212 – Planetary Geology
[PDF]Planetary Geology pdf – NASA
Rock blasting External links:
Rock blasting–outtakes | Moving Image Research …
Rock Blasting – AbeBooks
Water treatment External links:
Water Treatment Systems | Miami Filter
Structural geology External links:
Structural Geology (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Structural geology (Book, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Title: Structural Geology Laboratory Level:€ K-12 …
Geological Society of America External links:
Geological Society of America | GeoScienceWorld
Geological Society of America – Home | Facebook
Home – Geological Society of America Foundation
Economic geology External links:
Economic geology. (Journal, magazine, 1905) …
Economic geology in SearchWorks catalog – Stanford …
Principles Economic Geology – AbeBooks
Earthquake engineering External links:
Faultline: Earthquake Engineering | Exploratorium
World Conference On Earthquake Engineering – 10times
Seismic retrofit External links:
[PDF]San Francisco Bay Area Toll Bridge Seismic Retrofit …
WSDOT – Bridges and Structures – Seismic Retrofit Program
[PDF]What is Seismic Retrofitting? – Saunders Seismic …
International Standard Book Number External links:
[PDF]International Standard Book Number: 0-942920-53-8
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
International Standard Book Number – Quora