What is involved in Mobile device management
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile device management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile device management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Mobile Device Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Mobile Device Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile device management related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile device management, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Bring Your Own Device, Cloud computing, Device Management Forum, Enterprise mobility management, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, Flooding the market, International mobile subscriber identity, Kiosk software, Mobile application management, Mobile content management, Mobile content management system, Mobile device, Mobile phone, Mobile security, Network security, Open Mobile Alliance, Open standard, Over-the-air programming, Point of sale, Rugged computer, Smart message, Software as a service, Subscriber identity module, Tablet computer, The SyncML Initiative, Windows Update:
Mobile device management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Mobile device management issues and develop and take control of the Mobile device management initiative.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Mobile device management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are all of our Mobile device management domains and what do they do?
– Does the Mobile device management task fit the clients priorities?
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Critical Criteria:
Talk about BlackBerry Enterprise Server outcomes and cater for concise BlackBerry Enterprise Server education.
– Will Mobile device management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Mobile device management effort?
– How can you measure Mobile device management in a systematic way?
Bring Your Own Device Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Bring Your Own Device engagements and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Bring Your Own Device.
– How do we Identify specific Mobile device management investment and emerging trends?
– How do we manage Mobile device management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Cloud computing quality and find out what it really means.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Device Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Device Management Forum leadership and assess what counts with Device Management Forum that we are not counting.
– What are the short and long-term Mobile device management goals?
– What about Mobile device management Analysis of results?
Enterprise mobility management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Enterprise mobility management visions and research ways can we become the Enterprise mobility management company that would put us out of business.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile device management is underway?
– In what ways are Mobile device management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What will drive Mobile device management change?
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 leadership and summarize a clear Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 focus.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile device management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How can we improve Mobile device management?
– How much does Mobile device management help?
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program Critical Criteria:
Check Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program outcomes and forecast involvement of future Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program projects in development.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Mobile device management project?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Mobile device management project?
– Are we Assessing Mobile device management and Risk?
Flooding the market Critical Criteria:
Grade Flooding the market results and look at it backwards.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mobile device management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are accountability and ownership for Mobile device management clearly defined?
– Why should we adopt a Mobile device management framework?
International mobile subscriber identity Critical Criteria:
Prioritize International mobile subscriber identity projects and gather practices for scaling International mobile subscriber identity.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Mobile device management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Why are Mobile device management skills important?
Kiosk software Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Kiosk software issues and balance specific methods for improving Kiosk software results.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Mobile device management processes of our organization?
– Which Mobile device management goals are the most important?
– How do we maintain Mobile device managements Integrity?
Mobile application management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Mobile application management failures and interpret which customers can’t participate in Mobile application management because they lack skills.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Mobile device management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Mobile device management. How do we gain traction?
Mobile content management Critical Criteria:
Generalize Mobile content management risks and revise understanding of Mobile content management architectures.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Mobile device management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Think about the functions involved in your Mobile device management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is our formula for success in Mobile device management ?
Mobile content management system Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Mobile content management system adoptions and know what your objective is.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Mobile device management process?
– Do we all define Mobile device management in the same way?
– How would one define Mobile device management leadership?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Read up on Mobile device quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Mobile device decisions.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– What are the disruptive Mobile device management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile device management opportunities costing us money?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Judge Mobile phone strategies and get going.
– Does Mobile device management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Mobile security Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Mobile security risks and oversee implementation of Mobile security.
– What are the key elements of your Mobile device management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Network security tactics and spearhead techniques for implementing Network security.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– Is Supporting Mobile device management documentation required?
Open Mobile Alliance Critical Criteria:
Coach on Open Mobile Alliance projects and describe which business rules are needed as Open Mobile Alliance interface.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Mobile device management that make it risky?
– What is our Mobile device management Strategy?
Open standard Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Open standard issues and figure out ways to motivate other Open standard users.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Mobile device management been identified and analyzed?
– Who sets the Mobile device management standards?
Over-the-air programming Critical Criteria:
Dissect Over-the-air programming management and define Over-the-air programming competency-based leadership.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Mobile device management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How is the value delivered by Mobile device management being measured?
– What are our Mobile device management Processes?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Point of sale quality and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Point of sale.
– Is there a Mobile device management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do we have past Mobile device management Successes?
Rugged computer Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Rugged computer failures and devote time assessing Rugged computer and its risk.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Mobile device management?
– Why is Mobile device management important for you now?
Smart message Critical Criteria:
Categorize Smart message leadership and acquire concise Smart message education.
– What are the usability implications of Mobile device management actions?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Talk about Software as a service governance and look in other fields.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Is there any existing Mobile device management governance structure?
Subscriber identity module Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Subscriber identity module engagements and find the essential reading for Subscriber identity module researchers.
– In a project to restructure Mobile device management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What vendors make products that address the Mobile device management needs?
– Are there Mobile device management problems defined?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Tablet computer tasks and secure Tablet computer creativity.
– Have all basic functions of Mobile device management been defined?
– How will you measure your Mobile device management effectiveness?
The SyncML Initiative Critical Criteria:
Reason over The SyncML Initiative results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive The SyncML Initiative projects.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Mobile device management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Mobile device management?
Windows Update Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Windows Update management and summarize a clear Windows Update focus.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Mobile device management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the long-term Mobile device management goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Mobile Device Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile device management External links:
Mobile Device Management | MDM | VMware
Best Mobile Device Management (MDM) Software – G2 …
Cisco Meraki | Mobile device management
BlackBerry Enterprise Server External links:
Blackberry Enterprise Server – shop2.sprint.com
Bring Your Own Device External links:
What is Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)? – The Customize …
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) | VMware
Bring your own device setup guide | T-Mobile Support
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Device Management Forum External links:
Device Management Forum | SEGD
Mobile Device Management Forum – Spiceworks …
Home Page – Device Management Forum
Enterprise mobility management External links:
Enterprise Mobility Management – Staymobile
Best Enterprise Mobility Management Software in 2018 | …
XenMobile – Enterprise Mobility Management Solution – Citrix
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, …
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program External links:
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
Flooding the market External links:
Damaged cars flooding the market | Reading Eagle – MONEY
Is A Distributor Flooding The Market With MTG Cheap Boxes?
Sleep tech is flooding the market. Here’s how it works
International mobile subscriber identity External links:
International mobile subscriber identity
The International Mobile Subscriber Identity or IMSI /ˈɪmziː/ is used to identify the user of a cellular network and is a unique identification associated with all cellular networks. It is stored as a 64 bit field and is sent by the phone to the network.
International mobile subscriber identity – YouTube
international mobile subscriber identity | SOFREP
Kiosk software External links:
Kiosk Software for Windows – KioskSimple Kiosk Software
Kiosk Software : Advanced Kiosks
Patient Kiosk Software for Private Practice
Mobile application management External links:
Mobile Application Management | VMware
Mobile Application Management (MAM) | MobileIron
Mobile Application Management with Microsoft Intune – YouTube
Mobile content management External links:
Mobile Content Management – MCM Software | MobileIron
Mobile Content Management | OnBase Core Platform …
Mobile Content Management & EFSS – Blackberry
Mobile content management system External links:
Mobile Content Management System (CMS) | Apps for …
Mobile Content Management System – Smartfolio
Smartfolio – Mobile Content Management System
Mobile device External links:
DIRECTV App – Watch Streaming TV on Your Mobile Device
What is a Mobile Device? – Definition from Techopedia
Download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 …
Mobile phone External links:
File a Phone Insurance Claim for Your T-Mobile Phone
Mobile Phone Monitoring App and Tracking Solution | Spyzie
Confirm Your Email or Mobile Phone Number | Facebook …
Mobile security External links:
Lookout Mobile Security
Mobile Protection, Enterprise Mobile Security – Skycure
Malwarebytes | Mobile Security – Malwarebytes for Android
Network security External links:
Firewall Management Software | Network Security …
Home Network Security | Trend Micro
Cyber and Network Security Bachelor’s Degree | Online & …
Open Mobile Alliance External links:
Open Mobile Alliance – Home | Facebook
System Dashboard – Open Mobile Alliance
Open Mobile Alliance (@OpenMobileA) | Twitter
Open standard External links:
The Final Reel | 2017 World Open Standard | DanceSport Total
Open Standard/Open Source Flashcards | Quizlet
Over-the-air programming External links:
Over-the-Air Programming | International® Trucks
Point of sale External links:
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
Toast | Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
Free POS Software. Point of Sale System | Loyverse POS
Rugged computer External links:
Rugged Computer Systems – Germane Systems
Rugged Computer System Sales Representatives
AGI Rugged Computer Store – Alsea Geospatial, Inc.
Smart message External links:
Smart Message for Mobile Marketing – YouTube
GitHub – dotCtor/jQuery.msgBox: A smart message …
Software as a service External links:
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Subscriber identity module External links:
Subscriber Identity Module – Home | Facebook
What is subscriber identity module? Webopedia Definition
Subscriber Identity Module – Monico Perez
Tablet computer External links:
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used “HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-Inch Tablet Computer” and save 51% off the $149.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the “Amazon A-to-z Guarantee”.
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
The SyncML Initiative External links:
Cover Pages: The SyncML Initiative
The SyncML Initiative – Sensagent.com
dictionary.sensagent.com/the syncml initiative/en-en
Windows Update External links:
How do I reset Windows Update components?
How to turn off Windows Update in Windows 10