What is involved in Project Governance
Find out what the related areas are that Project Governance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project Governance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project Governance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project Governance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project Governance related domains to cover and 174 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project Governance, Business case, Chief governance officer, Climate governance, Clinical governance, Collaborative governance, Corporate governance, Cost overrun, Cultural governance, Data governance, Earth system governance, Ecclesiastical polity, Environmental, social and corporate governance, Environmental governance, Executive sponsor, Global governance, Good governance, Governance, risk management, and compliance, Governance in higher education, Information governance, Local governance, Market governance mechanism, Moral responsibility, Multistakeholder governance model, Network governance, Ocean governance, Open-source governance, Political party governance, Private governance, Project Manager, Project plan, Project stakeholder, Project stakeholders, Project team, Quality engineering, Requirements engineering, SOA governance, Security sector governance and reform, Simulation governance, Soil governance, Stakeholder management, Steering Committee, Sustainable Governance Indicators, Technology governance, Transnational governance, Website governance, World Governance Index:
Project Governance Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Project Governance failures and look at the big picture.
– Among the Project Governance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is our Project Governance Strategy?
– How to Secure Project Governance?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Investigate Business case adoptions and research ways can we become the Business case company that would put us out of business.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Project Governance leader?
– How do we know that any Project Governance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– What threat is Project Governance addressing?
– Right business case?
Chief governance officer Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Chief governance officer strategies and plan concise Chief governance officer education.
– How can you negotiate Project Governance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Project Governance that make it risky?
– Are we Assessing Project Governance and Risk?
Climate governance Critical Criteria:
Study Climate governance quality and shift your focus.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Project Governance moving forward?
– Have you identified your Project Governance key performance indicators?
– Why should we adopt a Project Governance framework?
Clinical governance Critical Criteria:
Categorize Clinical governance visions and gather Clinical governance models .
– Think about the functions involved in your Project Governance project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Project Governance?
– How do we manage Project Governance Knowledge Management (KM)?
Collaborative governance Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Collaborative governance governance and look at the big picture.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Project Governance in a volatile global economy?
– Do the Project Governance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Who will provide the final approval of Project Governance deliverables?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Corporate governance tactics and create Corporate governance explanations for all managers.
– What are the usability implications of Project Governance actions?
Cost overrun Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Cost overrun engagements and correct Cost overrun management by competencies.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Project Governance workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Project Governance services/products?
Cultural governance Critical Criteria:
Investigate Cultural governance adoptions and find answers.
– Does Project Governance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Project Governance process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Project Governance leaders?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Mix Data governance strategies and adjust implementation of Data governance.
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– Can you name any software product that has a tuning process (when one part changes or has new components added or a different vendor adds something to it, all parts are evaluated)?
– How do you know that individuals carrying out work on behalf of your organization comply with your organizations information/data governance standards?
– Who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and/or informed for decisions regarding these key enterprise data processes?
– Is the data already collected/maintained or is similar data that might meet the need commonly collected?
– Is collecting this data element the most efficient way to influence practice policy, or research?
– What about other business related data, such as, customer data, supplier data, or spatial data?
– The front-ends are dependent on data. how is that data governed?
– At what level is it appropriate to maintain a new data element?
– Who should decide the length of a data field in a new system?
– Where does your sensitive data reside across the enterprise?
– Should it or business drive the data governance program?
– Should the data be made readily available?
– How to govern its use and maintenance?
– What is your organizations purpose?
– How effective is data governance?
– Is the information identifiable?
– Logical data model available?
– Is there a data dictionary?
– Do you use source control?
Earth system governance Critical Criteria:
Frame Earth system governance tasks and get the big picture.
– what is the best design framework for Project Governance organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Project Governance delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we keep improving Project Governance?
Ecclesiastical polity Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Ecclesiastical polity visions and look in other fields.
– Does Project Governance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Project Governance Management?
– What about Project Governance Analysis of results?
Environmental, social and corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Environmental, social and corporate governance goals and remodel and develop an effective Environmental, social and corporate governance strategy.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Project Governance forward?
– How is the value delivered by Project Governance being measured?
Environmental governance Critical Criteria:
Shape Environmental governance visions and maintain Environmental governance for success.
– Will Project Governance have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Project Governance activities?
– How can skill-level changes improve Project Governance?
Executive sponsor Critical Criteria:
Guide Executive sponsor goals and know what your objective is.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Project Governance. How do we gain traction?
– Does Project Governance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is there a Project Governance Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Global governance Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Global governance adoptions and ask what if.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Project Governance project?
– What is Effective Project Governance?
Good governance Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Good governance projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Good governance because they lack skills.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Project Governance?
– Why is Project Governance important for you now?
Governance, risk management, and compliance Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Governance, risk management, and compliance failures and document what potential Governance, risk management, and compliance megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do Project Governance rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Governance in higher education Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Governance in higher education governance and get going.
– What business benefits will Project Governance goals deliver if achieved?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Judge Information governance results and report on the economics of relationships managing Information governance and constraints.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Project Governance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Project Governance project lifecycle?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Project Governance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– Is Project Governance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Local governance Critical Criteria:
Audit Local governance leadership and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Local governance.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Project Governance values?
– How do we Lead with Project Governance in Mind?
Market governance mechanism Critical Criteria:
Examine Market governance mechanism failures and secure Market governance mechanism creativity.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Project Governance opportunities costing us money?
– How important is Project Governance to the user organizations mission?
Moral responsibility Critical Criteria:
Sort Moral responsibility visions and gather practices for scaling Moral responsibility.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Project Governance move?
– Are there recognized Project Governance problems?
Multistakeholder governance model Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Multistakeholder governance model failures and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Multistakeholder governance model services.
– Think of your Project Governance project. what are the main functions?
– Who sets the Project Governance standards?
Network governance Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Network governance engagements and proactively manage Network governance risks.
– Is maximizing Project Governance protection the same as minimizing Project Governance loss?
– How do we go about Comparing Project Governance approaches/solutions?
Ocean governance Critical Criteria:
Shape Ocean governance tasks and correct better engagement with Ocean governance results.
– Does our organization need more Project Governance education?
– What are the long-term Project Governance goals?
– Who needs to know about Project Governance ?
Open-source governance Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Open-source governance issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Open-source governance.
– Think about the people you identified for your Project Governance project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the business goals Project Governance is aiming to achieve?
Political party governance Critical Criteria:
Coach on Political party governance tasks and devote time assessing Political party governance and its risk.
– Will Project Governance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Private governance Critical Criteria:
Investigate Private governance strategies and mentor Private governance customer orientation.
– What are the key elements of your Project Governance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Project Governance processes?
– Does Project Governance analysis show the relationships among important Project Governance factors?
Project Manager Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Project Manager goals and arbitrate Project Manager techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Project Governance experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– What are the actions taken by project managers when leading and implementing a transformational change initiative?
– What should the project manager(s) do differently next time your organization undergoes a change process?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– What are the most important skills practitioners consider make an effective people project manager?
– Does Project Governance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Project Governance project manager?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Can project managers measure project status at any point in time?
– What is the necessity of a Project Manager?
– What is the duty of a Project Manager?
– What was the project manager best at?
– Who are the project managers?
Project plan Critical Criteria:
Design Project plan planning and summarize a clear Project plan focus.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Project Governance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is the Project Governance organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
Project stakeholder Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Project stakeholder leadership and catalog what business benefits will Project stakeholder goals deliver if achieved.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Project Governance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Project stakeholders tasks and intervene in Project stakeholders processes and leadership.
– What vendors make products that address the Project Governance needs?
– What are specific Project Governance Rules to follow?
Project team Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Project team goals and ask questions.
– Consider your own Project Governance project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Is Project Governance dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Quality engineering Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Quality engineering failures and optimize Quality engineering leadership as a key to advancement.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Project Governance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Project Governance process available?
– Is a Project Governance Team Work effort in place?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Consider Requirements engineering outcomes and intervene in Requirements engineering processes and leadership.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Project Governance been identified and analyzed?
– Do we all define Project Governance in the same way?
SOA governance Critical Criteria:
Derive from SOA governance failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging SOA governance.
– Is Supporting Project Governance documentation required?
Security sector governance and reform Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Security sector governance and reform strategies and learn.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Project Governance? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are internal and external Project Governance relations?
Simulation governance Critical Criteria:
Depict Simulation governance outcomes and transcribe Simulation governance as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How much does Project Governance help?
– How can we improve Project Governance?
Soil governance Critical Criteria:
Explore Soil governance visions and probe Soil governance strategic alliances.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Project Governance process?
– How do we go about Securing Project Governance?
Stakeholder management Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Stakeholder management issues and stake your claim.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Project Governance study?
Steering Committee Critical Criteria:
Confer re Steering Committee results and learn.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Project Governance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we Improve Project Governance service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the steering committee s roles?
Sustainable Governance Indicators Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Sustainable Governance Indicators quality and look at the big picture.
– What are current Project Governance Paradigms?
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Derive from Technology governance governance and test out new things.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Project Governance processes of our organization?
Transnational governance Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Transnational governance visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– In what ways are Project Governance vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Website governance Critical Criteria:
Derive from Website governance decisions and reduce Website governance costs.
– How do we maintain Project Governances Integrity?
World Governance Index Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over World Governance Index tasks and transcribe World Governance Index as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Which customers cant participate in our Project Governance domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project Governance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project Governance External links:
NuGet Project Governance | Microsoft Docs
400: IT PROJECT GOVERNANCE – OIT
[PDF]IT Project Governance Manual Version 1
Business case External links:
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
Chief governance officer External links:
Chief Governance Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
A Chief Governance Officer Could Give You an Advantage
Climate governance External links:
Gender and transition in climate governance – …
Experiments in climate governance – A systematic review …
Climate Governance Experiments | Matthew J. Hoffmann
Clinical governance External links:
Clinical governance (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Clinical Governance – University of Pittsburgh
Clinical Governance – QCS
Collaborative governance External links:
Welcome to Collaborative Governance
Graduate Certificate in Collaborative Governance | …
“Collaborative Governance and Anticorruption in …
Corporate governance External links:
Sprint Corporation – Corporate Governance
Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
Morgan Stanley Corporate Governance
Cost overrun External links:
U.S. GAO – Proper Appropriation To Be Charged Cost Overrun
Cost Overrun Optimism: Fact or Fiction
Predicting cost overrun of railroad bridge construction
Cultural governance External links:
The Audit Committee and Cultural Governance – WSJ
[PDF]Cultural Governance and Development in Vietnam
[PDF]Vadi – Global Cultural Governance – Boston University
Data governance External links:
Data Governance Jobs | Glassdoor
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
What is data governance (DG)? – Definition from …
Earth system governance External links:
Earth System Governance Project – Home | Facebook
What is EARTH SYSTEM GOVERNANCE? What does …
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Ecclesiastical polity External links:
Of The Laws Of Ecclesiastical Polity by Richard Hooker
Environmental, social and corporate governance External links:
Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance …
Environmental, social and corporate governance – …
Environmental governance External links:
Environmental Governance | A research collaboration …
Environmental governance | UN Environment
Executive sponsor External links:
[PDF]Executive Sponsor Form – BC Patient Safety & Quality …
What is Executive Sponsor | IGI Global
[PDF]Executive Sponsor Form – Health Care in British …
Global governance External links:
UN Chief: We Will Impose Global Governance – Infowars
Good governance External links:
ISEGG – Institute for Service Excellence and Good Governance
Governance.io – Software for good Governance
The Good Governance Awards, 2017
Governance, risk management, and compliance External links:
Career Path – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance …
Governance in higher education External links:
[PDF]Shared Governance in Higher Education
Information governance External links:
Information Governance Initiative
Local governance External links:
DeLoG – Decentralisation & Local Governance
Local Governance » Centers » Texas Public Policy …
CUNY Institute for State & Local Governance – Home | Facebook
Moral responsibility External links:
Moral Responsibility (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Network governance External links:
POD Network Governance – POD Network: Professional …
UTSCAP Network Governance – UTSW Medicine
“Wicked Water Problems: Can Network Governance …
Ocean governance External links:
Ocean Governance | U.S. Department of the Interior
International Ocean Governance | Project AWARE
Ocean Governance for Sustainability – Challenges, …
Political party governance External links:
On political party governance – The Nation Online
Private governance External links:
[PDF]Merging Public and Private Governance: How Disney’s …
Public & Private Governance Flashcards | Quizlet
Project Manager External links:
What is a Project Manager? – CEG
Virtual Project Manager – Log In
Project plan External links:
Project Plan Template – ProjectManager.com
[PDF]QUALITY ASSURANCE PROJECT PLAN REVIEW …
Office Timeline: Project Plan – Free Timeline Templates
Project stakeholders External links:
How to Communicate With Project Stakeholders: 5 Steps
Project team External links:
Lining Up Your Project Team | HGTV
Quality engineering External links:
Quality Engineering Technology A.A.S. Degree
Requirements engineering External links:
[PDF]BCS Requirements Engineering – qafileshare.com
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
SOA governance External links:
A case for SOA governance – IBM – United States
InfoClipz: SOA Governance – YouTube
SOA Governance Standards | OCIO
Security sector governance and reform External links:
[PDF]Security Sector Governance and Reform – OSCE
Security Sector Governance and Reform: Guidelines for …
Simulation governance External links:
NAFEMS Simulation Governance engineering analysis …
Simulation Governance | Industries | UL
[PDF]Simulation governance: New technical …
Stakeholder management External links:
24. Stakeholder Management – The Open Group
Stakeholder Management – Project Management Tools …
What You Must Know About Stakeholder Management – CEG
Steering Committee External links:
ESINet Steering Committee – Ohio
Steering Committee | South Bay Cities Council of …
Sustainable Governance Indicators External links:
SGI – Sustainable Governance Indicators: Studies
Technology governance External links:
Information Technology Governance Committee – Just …
[PDF]SP14-04 Technology Governance, Strategy, and …
[PDF]Information Technology Governance
Transnational governance External links:
From Trade Liberalisation to Transnational Governance …
Website governance External links:
Website Governance | Smith College
World Governance Index External links:
World Governance Index and Pakistan’s Trade Deficit – …
WGI abbreviation stands for World Governance Index