What is involved in Solution Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Solution Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Solution Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Solution Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Solution Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Solution Architecture related domains to cover and 49 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Solution Architecture, Application architecture, Architectural pattern, Business architecture, Enterprise architecture, Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations, Forrester Research, Gartner, Segment architecture, Solutions architect, The Open Group:
Solution Architecture Critical Criteria:
Track Solution Architecture results and finalize specific methods for Solution Architecture acceptance.
– Think about the people you identified for your Solution Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What threat is Solution Architecture addressing?
– How to deal with Solution Architecture Changes?
Application architecture Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Application architecture strategies and arbitrate Application architecture techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Does Solution Architecture include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How can you create a cross application architecture that supports your current systems, while at the same time accommodating changing business needs?
– Application Architecture Considerations. Is the application web-based, or built with a serviceoriented architecture (SOA)?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Solution Architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How would one define Solution Architecture leadership?
Architectural pattern Critical Criteria:
See the value of Architectural pattern decisions and probe Architectural pattern strategic alliances.
– Have you identified your Solution Architecture key performance indicators?
– How do we go about Comparing Solution Architecture approaches/solutions?
– What are the usability implications of Solution Architecture actions?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Business architecture leadership and grade techniques for implementing Business architecture controls.
– Does our organization need more Solution Architecture education?
– Which Solution Architecture goals are the most important?
– Are there Solution Architecture Models?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Enterprise architecture adoptions and secure Enterprise architecture creativity.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Solution Architecture information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– To what extent does management recognize Solution Architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations Critical Criteria:
Confer over Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations leadership and revise understanding of Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations architectures.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Solution Architecture ?
– Does the Solution Architecture task fit the clients priorities?
– Who sets the Solution Architecture standards?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Forrester Research failures and improve Forrester Research service perception.
– When a Solution Architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Solution Architecture moving forward?
– What are specific Solution Architecture Rules to follow?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Gartner goals and research ways can we become the Gartner company that would put us out of business.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Solution Architecture study?
– What vendors make products that address the Solution Architecture needs?
Segment architecture Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Segment architecture management and look in other fields.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Solution Architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Solution Architecture opportunities costing us money?
Solutions architect Critical Criteria:
Reason over Solutions architect issues and gather Solutions architect models .
– What are the key elements of your Solution Architecture performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Can we do Solution Architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What is our formula for success in Solution Architecture ?
The Open Group Critical Criteria:
Analyze The Open Group adoptions and get out your magnifying glass.
– How will you know that the Solution Architecture project has been successful?
– How do we Lead with Solution Architecture in Mind?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Solution Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Solution Architecture External links:
Solution Architecture – Illumio
[PDF]Conceptual Solution Architecture Template
www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/office/RFP 16-01 Ex_ J.pdf
Application architecture External links:
Application Architecture – Gartner IT Glossary
application architecture – Martin Fowler
Azure Application Architecture Guide | Microsoft Docs
Architectural pattern External links:
Is MVC a Design Pattern or Architectural pattern
Beauty and the Brick: Architectural Pattern Books
Business architecture External links:
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
[PDF]Business Architecture Document – OpenSDLC
Business Architecture Guild
Enterprise architecture External links:
Center for Enterprise Architecture
In2itive | Innovative enterprise architecture software.
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research · Forrester
Calabrio Named a Leader by Forrester Research, Inc.
Gartner External links:
Gartner Studios – Official Site
Gartner Events On Demand
Gartner Customer Service
Segment architecture External links:
Federal Segment Architecture Methodology – George W. …
Solutions architect External links:
Title:(Solutions Architect) jobs | Simply Hired
Solutions Architect Jobs | Glassdoor
The Open Group External links:
The Open Group – YouTube
The Open Group Professional Certifications – Pearson VUE
Passleader 2017 The Open Group OG0-093 Dumps | OG0 …