What is involved in Agile Unified Process
Find out what the related areas are that Agile Unified Process connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile Unified Process thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile Unified Process related domains to cover and 90 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile Unified Process, Agile modeling, Agile software development, Configuration Management, Database refactoring, Disciplined agile delivery, Enterprise Unified Process, Project Management, Rational Unified Process, Test-driven development, Unified Process, Unit testing:
Agile Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Unify Agile Unified Process decisions and arbitrate Agile Unified Process techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Agile Unified Process project?
– How do we know that any Agile Unified Process analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Why should we adopt a Agile Unified Process framework?
Agile modeling Critical Criteria:
Study Agile modeling quality and devise Agile modeling key steps.
– Think about the people you identified for your Agile Unified Process project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– For your Agile Unified Process project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is the Agile Unified Process organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Agile software development governance and define what our big hairy audacious Agile software development goal is.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What type of system is being developed?
– How good are our agile methods?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– What makes agile better?
Configuration Management Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Configuration Management issues and raise human resource and employment practices for Configuration Management.
– If a customer complains that service levels are below those agreed in the sla, apparently due to a number of related hardware incidents, who is responsible for ensuring the cause is investigated?
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all cis created as requested by the business users, with the proper attributes?
– What is the most effective strategy to coordinate versions of vendor code with versions of product code?
– Can we answer questions like: Are design documents available and updated with the latest requirements?
– Does the source-code inventory report list the products to be delivered to the customer?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– Have you identified programmatic interfaces within your CM Program?
– Have the boundaries for each system and process been established?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– What is the difference between a problem and a known error?
– What is a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Do the benefits of the change warrant the costs?
– How will changes to the baselines be controlled?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– Why is sacm so hard to implement and organize?
– When was change implemented?
– Why a service desk?
Database refactoring Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Database refactoring outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Database refactoring is getting what it needs.
– what is the best design framework for Agile Unified Process organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Agile Unified Process. How do we gain traction?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Agile Unified Process?
Disciplined agile delivery Critical Criteria:
Survey Disciplined agile delivery issues and create Disciplined agile delivery explanations for all managers.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Agile Unified Process into the services that we provide?
– What is the purpose of Agile Unified Process in relation to the mission?
– What are the long-term Agile Unified Process goals?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Enterprise Unified Process engagements and test out new things.
– Is a Agile Unified Process Team Work effort in place?
– Is Agile Unified Process Required?
Project Management Critical Criteria:
Learn from Project Management planning and create Project Management explanations for all managers.
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– Partial solutions can only be used if the information support is being developed for a process that has not yet been computerised. Namely, if users already use an old IT solution – will they partly use the old one and partly the new one?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Agile Unified Process? There might be some that are less obvious?
– So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– What is agile anyways?
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Generalize Rational Unified Process adoptions and create a map for yourself.
– Do those selected for the Agile Unified Process team have a good general understanding of what Agile Unified Process is all about?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Agile Unified Process objectives?
– What are the barriers to increased Agile Unified Process production?
Test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Test-driven development tasks and explore and align the progress in Test-driven development.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Agile Unified Process process?
– To what extent does management recognize Agile Unified Process as a tool to increase the results?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Test Unified Process goals and sort Unified Process activities.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Agile Unified Process models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Unit testing Critical Criteria:
Apply Unit testing results and explore and align the progress in Unit testing.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Agile Unified Process?
– What is our formula for success in Agile Unified Process ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile Unified Process External links:
Agile Unified Process – Project Manager Life
Agile modeling External links:
Agile Modeling with Mind Map and UML | StickyMinds
Feature Driven Development (FDD) and Agile Modeling
Agile Modeling Principles Flashcards | Quizlet
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
Configuration Management External links:
Syslog Server – Network Configuration Management | Kiwi
Configuration Management | IpX
Database refactoring External links:
Liquibase | Database Refactoring | Preconditions
Disciplined agile delivery External links:
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Meetup
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) – YouTube
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Google+
Project Management External links:
Project Management Institute – Official Site
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Rational Unified Process External links:
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia Definition
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
The Rational Unified Process for testers – IBM
Unified Process External links:
Unified Process Life Cycle Flashcards | Quizlet
The Four Phases | Overview of the Unified Process | InformIT
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
Unit testing External links:
Unit Testing – Efficient Java Matrix Library
Introduction to Unit Testing | QUnit
Unit testing and SMTP – ThinqLinq