What is involved in Mobile device management
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile device management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile device management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Mobile Device Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Mobile Device Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile device management related domains to cover and 105 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile device management, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Bring Your Own Device, Cloud computing, Device Management Forum, Enterprise mobility management, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, Flooding the market, International mobile subscriber identity, Kiosk software, Mobile application management, Mobile content management, Mobile content management system, Mobile device, Mobile phone, Mobile security, Network security, Open Mobile Alliance, Open standard, Over-the-air programming, Point of sale, Rugged computer, Smart message, Software as a service, Subscriber identity module, Tablet computer, The SyncML Initiative, Windows Update:
Mobile device management Critical Criteria:
Systematize Mobile device management strategies and drive action.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Mobile device management project?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Mobile device management with what users do day-to-day?
– How can you measure Mobile device management in a systematic way?
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Critical Criteria:
Learn from BlackBerry Enterprise Server issues and cater for concise BlackBerry Enterprise Server education.
– How likely is the current Mobile device management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do we monitor the Mobile device management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Bring Your Own Device Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Bring Your Own Device tasks and handle a jump-start course to Bring Your Own Device.
– What are our needs in relation to Mobile device management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What threat is Mobile device management addressing?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Cloud computing management and slay a dragon.
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Device Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Device Management Forum failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Device Management Forum decisions.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Mobile device management processes?
– How can skill-level changes improve Mobile device management?
Enterprise mobility management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Enterprise mobility management leadership and create a map for yourself.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Mobile device management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is there any existing Mobile device management governance structure?
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 goals and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Mobile device management leader?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Mobile device management processes of our organization?
– How do we go about Securing Mobile device management?
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mobile device management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mobile device management process available?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile device management opportunities costing us money?
– How to deal with Mobile device management Changes?
Flooding the market Critical Criteria:
Model after Flooding the market leadership and gather practices for scaling Flooding the market.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Mobile device management?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Mobile device management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How can you negotiate Mobile device management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
International mobile subscriber identity Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize International mobile subscriber identity results and finalize specific methods for International mobile subscriber identity acceptance.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Mobile device management. How do we gain traction?
– For your Mobile device management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Kiosk software Critical Criteria:
Sort Kiosk software results and adjust implementation of Kiosk software.
– Do the Mobile device management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Mobile device management moving forward?
– How would one define Mobile device management leadership?
Mobile application management Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Mobile application management visions and proactively manage Mobile application management risks.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Mobile device management ?
– Is Mobile device management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How is the value delivered by Mobile device management being measured?
Mobile content management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Mobile content management tactics and document what potential Mobile content management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile device management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does Mobile device management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Mobile content management system Critical Criteria:
Nurse Mobile content management system engagements and look in other fields.
– Among the Mobile device management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is the purpose of Mobile device management in relation to the mission?
– How do we keep improving Mobile device management?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Depict Mobile device decisions and catalog Mobile device activities.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Mobile device management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– How do we know that any Mobile device management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– Do we have past Mobile device management Successes?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Nurse Mobile phone engagements and acquire concise Mobile phone education.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Mobile device management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the usability implications of Mobile device management actions?
– Who sets the Mobile device management standards?
Mobile security Critical Criteria:
Apply Mobile security projects and improve Mobile security service perception.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Mobile device management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Examine Network security management and devote time assessing Network security and its risk.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– How will you know that the Mobile device management project has been successful?
– How do we Identify specific Mobile device management investment and emerging trends?
– How to Secure Mobile device management?
Open Mobile Alliance Critical Criteria:
Define Open Mobile Alliance issues and adjust implementation of Open Mobile Alliance.
– What are specific Mobile device management Rules to follow?
– Why should we adopt a Mobile device management framework?
Open standard Critical Criteria:
Value Open standard management and define Open standard competency-based leadership.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Mobile device management services/products?
Over-the-air programming Critical Criteria:
Define Over-the-air programming failures and correct better engagement with Over-the-air programming results.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile device management processes?
– Think of your Mobile device management project. what are the main functions?
– Are there Mobile device management problems defined?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Point of sale engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Point of sale.
– What is the source of the strategies for Mobile device management strengthening and reform?
– What is our formula for success in Mobile device management ?
– What are our Mobile device management Processes?
Rugged computer Critical Criteria:
Define Rugged computer strategies and stake your claim.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile device management requirements in detail?
– Have you identified your Mobile device management key performance indicators?
– What are the long-term Mobile device management goals?
Smart message Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Smart message governance and prioritize challenges of Smart message.
– In the case of a Mobile device management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Mobile device management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Mobile device management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile device management is underway?
– Have all basic functions of Mobile device management been defined?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Software as a service tactics and question.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Mobile device management forward?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Are we Assessing Mobile device management and Risk?
Subscriber identity module Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Subscriber identity module projects and acquire concise Subscriber identity module education.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Mobile device management values?
– Who will provide the final approval of Mobile device management deliverables?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Focus on Tablet computer governance and adjust implementation of Tablet computer.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Mobile device management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we go about Comparing Mobile device management approaches/solutions?
The SyncML Initiative Critical Criteria:
Experiment with The SyncML Initiative tasks and work towards be a leading The SyncML Initiative expert.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mobile device management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Mobile device management, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are there recognized Mobile device management problems?
Windows Update Critical Criteria:
Add value to Windows Update decisions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Windows Update.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Mobile Device Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile device management External links:
Information Services-Mobile Device Management …
[PDF]iOS Mobile Device Management
BlackBerry Enterprise Server External links:
Blackberry Enterprise Server Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Blackberry Enterprise Server – Sprint
Bring Your Own Device External links:
[PDF]Bring Your Own Device – Alberta Education
What is BYOD Bring Your Own Device? Webopedia Definition
Bring your own device setup guide | T-Mobile Support
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Device Management Forum External links:
Mobile Device Management Forum – Spiceworks …
Mobile Device Management Forum – 10times
DMF – Device Management Forum | AcronymAttic
Enterprise mobility management External links:
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) – Frequently …
5 Top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Solutions
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 …
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program External links:
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program | …
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
Flooding the market External links:
Cheap, Foreign-Made Solar Panels Flooding The Market …
Sleep tech is flooding the market. Here’s how it works
International mobile subscriber identity External links:
IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) – Tech-FAQ
international mobile subscriber identity | SOFREP
International mobile subscriber identity – YouTube
Kiosk software External links:
Bill Payment Kiosk Software | TransAct by Meridian
Patient Kiosk Software for Private Practice
Simple Church Kiosk – It’s Just Churck Kiosk Software
Mobile application management External links:
Mobile Application Management | AirWatch
Mobile content management External links:
Mobile Content Management & EFSS – BlackBerry Software
Mobile Content Management | OnBase Core Platform …
Mobile Content Management – Sprint Business
Mobile content management system External links:
Mobile Content Management System (CMS) | Apps for …
Smartfolio – Mobile Content Management System
Mobile device External links:
Set up a new mobile device | T-Mobile Support
Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows
Mobile phone External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
File a Phone Insurance Claim for Your T-Mobile Phone
See shopping results for mobile phone
Mobile security External links:
VIPRE Mobile Security – Android Apps on Google Play
Find Your Lost or Stolen Android Device | AVG Mobile Security
Mobile Protection, Enterprise Mobile Security – Skycure
Network security External links:
IANS – Institute for Applied Network Security
Firewall Management Software | Network Security …
Open Mobile Alliance External links:
Open Mobile Alliance (@OpenMobileA) | Twitter
Over-the-air programming External links:
Over-the-Air Programming | International® Trucks
Point of sale External links:
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
Quickbooks POS – Point of Sale System from Intuit
Rugged computer External links:
Rugged Computer Systems – Germane Systems
Smart message External links:
Access this screen by selecting “Smart Message” on the previous screen. Check out the how-to video that pertains to this topic! VIDEO: Activating Smart Messages
GitHub – dotCtor/jQuery.msgBox: A smart message …
SMART Message – Official Site
GitHub – dotCtor/jQuery.msgBox: A smart message …
Software as a service External links:
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Subscriber identity module External links:
The Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) is a small smart card which contains both programming and information. The A3 and A8 algorithms are implemented in the
What is subscriber identity module? Webopedia Definition
What is a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)? – GSM Security
Tablet computer External links:
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
The SyncML Initiative External links:
The SyncML Initiative – Sensagent.com
dictionary.sensagent.com/the syncml initiative/en-en
Cover Pages: The SyncML Initiative
Windows Update External links:
How to turn off Windows Update in Windows 10
Windows Update: FAQ – Windows Help