What is involved in AIX
Find out what the related areas are that AIX connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a AIX thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its AIX journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward AIX leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which AIX related domains to cover and 109 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
AIX, DOS Merge, Electronic business, IBM Hursley, IBM PC, Academic Operating System, Web-based System Manager, Service Update Management Assistant, Control Program Facility, The Weather Company, Systems Network Architecture, Proprietary software, Workload Partitions, Trusted Computing Base, Tru64 UNIX, IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture, IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program, Floppy disk, Beta test, Apollo Computer, IBM System i, Computer workstation, Deep Thought, IBM AIX SMIT, IBM Research – Tokyo, Dynamic Logical Partitioning, Linux kernel, IBM Building, IBM Academy of Technology, Hard disk drive, IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, IBM 4680 OS, Amdahl Corporation, T. Vincent Learson, KDE Plasma Workspaces, Simultaneous multithreading, IBM Pulse conference, Shell script, IBM Rome Software Lab, IBM PC compatible, Inspur K-UX, IBM 801, PICK OS, IBM cloud computing, Virtual memory compression, IBM Haifa Research Laboratory:
AIX Critical Criteria:
Model after AIX engagements and find out.
– Will AIX deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we keep improving AIX?
DOS Merge Critical Criteria:
Merge DOS Merge goals and look at the big picture.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of AIX into the services that we provide?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our AIX agendas for the next 3 years?
– How likely is the current AIX plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Electronic business Critical Criteria:
Add value to Electronic business visions and remodel and develop an effective Electronic business strategy.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing AIX? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How will you know that the AIX project has been successful?
– What are specific AIX Rules to follow?
IBM Hursley Critical Criteria:
Facilitate IBM Hursley projects and summarize a clear IBM Hursley focus.
– Is AIX Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is our formula for success in AIX ?
– Is the scope of AIX defined?
IBM PC Critical Criteria:
Reason over IBM PC planning and gather practices for scaling IBM PC.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations AIX values?
– Why should we adopt a AIX framework?
– How can we improve AIX?
Academic Operating System Critical Criteria:
Explore Academic Operating System governance and summarize a clear Academic Operating System focus.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect AIX workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Who needs to know about AIX ?
– What is our AIX Strategy?
Web-based System Manager Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Web-based System Manager leadership and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Web-based System Manager information.
– Consider your own AIX project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Which customers cant participate in our AIX domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the Essentials of Internal AIX Management?
Service Update Management Assistant Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Service Update Management Assistant projects and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Service Update Management Assistant information.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of AIX moving forward?
– Are there recognized AIX problems?
Control Program Facility Critical Criteria:
Map Control Program Facility tasks and stake your claim.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the AIX process?
– Does AIX analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
The Weather Company Critical Criteria:
Sort The Weather Company failures and reduce The Weather Company costs.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your AIX processes?
– How to Secure AIX?
Systems Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Consult on Systems Network Architecture failures and point out Systems Network Architecture tensions in leadership.
Proprietary software Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Proprietary software governance and forecast involvement of future Proprietary software projects in development.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with AIX ?
– Is maximizing AIX protection the same as minimizing AIX loss?
– What business benefits will AIX goals deliver if achieved?
Workload Partitions Critical Criteria:
Dissect Workload Partitions strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– Is the AIX organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the barriers to increased AIX production?
– What are the Key enablers to make this AIX move?
Trusted Computing Base Critical Criteria:
Confer over Trusted Computing Base management and report on setting up Trusted Computing Base without losing ground.
– Among the AIX product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– Who will provide the final approval of AIX deliverables?
– How will you measure your AIX effectiveness?
Tru64 UNIX Critical Criteria:
Deduce Tru64 UNIX visions and oversee Tru64 UNIX requirements.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding AIX?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once AIX is underway?
– What will drive AIX change?
IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture Critical Criteria:
Transcribe IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this AIX process?
IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program Critical Criteria:
Wrangle IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program outcomes and remodel and develop an effective IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program strategy.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a AIX study?
Floppy disk Critical Criteria:
Analyze Floppy disk planning and catalog what business benefits will Floppy disk goals deliver if achieved.
– Can the access control product protect individual devices (e.g., floppy disks, compact disks–read-only memory CD-ROM, serial and parallel interfaces, and system clipboard)?
– Do those selected for the AIX team have a good general understanding of what AIX is all about?
– Have all basic functions of AIX been defined?
Beta test Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Beta test projects and track iterative Beta test results.
– How much does AIX help?
Apollo Computer Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Apollo Computer risks and assess what counts with Apollo Computer that we are not counting.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting AIX with what users do day-to-day?
– How to deal with AIX Changes?
IBM System i Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about IBM System i management and define what do we need to start doing with IBM System i.
– What are the key elements of your AIX performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there any existing AIX governance structure?
– How do we maintain AIXs Integrity?
Computer workstation Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Computer workstation planning and finalize the present value of growth of Computer workstation.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of AIX product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does AIX create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Deep Thought Critical Criteria:
Own Deep Thought tactics and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Deep Thought information.
– Think about the functions involved in your AIX project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do mission and objectives affect the AIX processes of our organization?
IBM AIX SMIT Critical Criteria:
Read up on IBM AIX SMIT outcomes and learn.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your AIX project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom AIX project?
IBM Research – Tokyo Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about IBM Research – Tokyo tactics and describe which business rules are needed as IBM Research – Tokyo interface.
– For your AIX project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Think of your AIX project. what are the main functions?
– What are the business goals AIX is aiming to achieve?
Dynamic Logical Partitioning Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Dynamic Logical Partitioning risks and catalog what business benefits will Dynamic Logical Partitioning goals deliver if achieved.
– What is the source of the strategies for AIX strengthening and reform?
– Is Supporting AIX documentation required?
Linux kernel Critical Criteria:
Study Linux kernel engagements and find the essential reading for Linux kernel researchers.
– Does AIX systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we Improve AIX service perception, and satisfaction?
IBM Building Critical Criteria:
Understand IBM Building governance and get the big picture.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a AIX process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the AIX process available?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the AIX requirements in detail?
IBM Academy of Technology Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on IBM Academy of Technology planning and gather IBM Academy of Technology models .
– How do we know that any AIX analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the long-term AIX goals?
– Is a AIX Team Work effort in place?
Hard disk drive Critical Criteria:
Nurse Hard disk drive leadership and acquire concise Hard disk drive education.
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Trace IBM Zurich Research Laboratory leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure IBM Zurich Research Laboratory is getting what it needs.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for AIX strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How can skill-level changes improve AIX?
IBM 4680 OS Critical Criteria:
Guard IBM 4680 OS results and do something to it.
– How do your measurements capture actionable AIX information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Amdahl Corporation Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Amdahl Corporation strategies and reduce Amdahl Corporation costs.
T. Vincent Learson Critical Criteria:
Map T. Vincent Learson projects and assess and formulate effective operational and T. Vincent Learson strategies.
– How is the value delivered by AIX being measured?
– Do we have past AIX Successes?
KDE Plasma Workspaces Critical Criteria:
Chat re KDE Plasma Workspaces failures and ask questions.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these AIX processes?
– In what ways are AIX vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Which AIX goals are the most important?
Simultaneous multithreading Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Simultaneous multithreading leadership and correct Simultaneous multithreading management by competencies.
– How can the value of AIX be defined?
IBM Pulse conference Critical Criteria:
Face IBM Pulse conference quality and customize techniques for implementing IBM Pulse conference controls.
– How would one define AIX leadership?
Shell script Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Shell script outcomes and point out Shell script tensions in leadership.
– What are the disruptive AIX technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
IBM Rome Software Lab Critical Criteria:
Focus on IBM Rome Software Lab projects and drive action.
IBM PC compatible Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on IBM PC compatible visions and improve IBM PC compatible service perception.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether AIX goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the AIX process?
Inspur K-UX Critical Criteria:
Track Inspur K-UX projects and triple focus on important concepts of Inspur K-UX relationship management.
– How can you measure AIX in a systematic way?
IBM 801 Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on IBM 801 results and revise understanding of IBM 801 architectures.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which AIX models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does AIX analysis show the relationships among important AIX factors?
PICK OS Critical Criteria:
Categorize PICK OS tasks and tour deciding if PICK OS progress is made.
– How do we go about Securing AIX?
– Are there AIX Models?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate IBM cloud computing engagements and pioneer acquisition of IBM cloud computing systems.
– What management system can we use to leverage the AIX experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Virtual memory compression Critical Criteria:
Think about Virtual memory compression tactics and prioritize challenges of Virtual memory compression.
– In the case of a AIX project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a AIX project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any AIX project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the short and long-term AIX goals?
IBM Haifa Research Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Start IBM Haifa Research Laboratory issues and give examples utilizing a core of simple IBM Haifa Research Laboratory skills.
– Is there a AIX Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Are assumptions made in AIX stated explicitly?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the AIX Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
AIX External links:
Marriott Renaissance Aix-en-Provence – Hotel Rooms
Celebrate French culture, all from our hotel in Aix-en-Provence. Renaissance Aix-en-Provence hotel boasts a stunning garden, outdoor terraces & lounge bar.
IBM AIX OS levels supported by XL Compilers – United States
Electronic business External links:
Home – Electronic Business Machines
Electronic Business Services
[PDF]Employment impact of electronic business
IBM Hursley External links:
IBM Hursley Events (@HursleyEvents) | Twitter
IBM PC External links:
IBM PC Day | Holiday | Checkiday.com
Switches for original IBM PC’s and XT’s – Rutgers University
IBM PC Turns 30 Today – Business Insider
Academic Operating System External links:
GitHub – scyphus/aos: Academic Operating System …
IBM Academic Operating System – Sensagent.com
dictionary.sensagent.com/ibm academic operating system/en-en
AOS – Academic Operating System | AcronymAttic
Web-based System Manager External links:
Web-based System Manager Remote Client
Service Update Management Assistant External links:
Service Update Management Assistant – WOW.com
Service Update Management Assistant – Revolvy
broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Service Update Management Assistant
SUMA means Service Update Management Assistant – All …
Control Program Facility External links:
CPF – Control Program Facility | AcronymFinder
CPF abbreviation stands for Control Program Facility
The Weather Company External links:
The Weather Company, an IBM Business
Contact Us | The Weather Company
The Weather Company Mens Convertible Rain Shirt – tgw.com
Systems Network Architecture External links:
Systems Network Architecture (SNA) Salary | PayScale
www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
Proprietary software External links:
What is Proprietary Software? – Definition from Techopedia
Proprietary Software for Free | USC Spatial Sciences Institute
Workload Partitions External links:
AIX 6.1 Workload Partitions – IBM – United States
[PDF]Exploiting IBM AIX Workload Partitions
Trusted Computing Base External links:
A Closer Look at the Trusted Computing Base or TCB
Trusted computing base
The trusted computing base (TCB) of a computer system is the set of all hardware, firmware, and/or software components that are critical to its security, in the sense that bugs or vulnerabilities occurring inside the TCB might jeopardize the security properties of the entire system.
Enclave Trusted Computing Base (TCB) | Intel® Software
Tru64 UNIX External links:
Tru64 UNIX is a 64-bit UNIX operating system for the Alpha instruction set architecture (ISA), currently owned by Hewlett-Packard (HP). Previously, Tru64 UNIX was a product of Compaq, and before that, Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC), where it was known as Digital UNIX (formerly DEC OSF/1 AXP).
[PDF]Comparing Tru64 UNIX & HP-UX System Management …
ARCHIVED: What are DEC OSF/1, Digital UNIX, and Tru64 UNIX?
IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture External links:
Opinions on IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture
IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture – Find link
IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture explained
IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program External links:
IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program – …
Floppy disk External links:
Floppy Disk Drives & External Floppy Drive – Newegg
floppy disk drive – Staples Inc.
Beta test External links:
VMC – Global Beta Test Network, GBTN, FAQ
Sketch Beta test – Google+
Apollo Computer External links:
Margaret H. Hamilton: Apollo Computer Programmer – Space.com
IBM System i External links:
IBM System I
ADM960_Col10_2013_Title | Ibm System I | Transport …
Configuring AS400 for emails | Ibm System I | Email
Computer workstation External links:
[PDF]Computer Workstation Ergonomic Self Evaluation
Computer Workstation Checklist – Washington
[PDF]Computer Workstation DIRECTIVE Ergonomics
Deep Thought External links:
A Deep Thought Collective • r/NMSPortals – reddit
In Deep Thought | Minecraft
Thought Experiments: Deep Thought Provoking Questions …
IBM AIX SMIT External links:
Lyrics containing the term: ibm aix smit
www.lyrics.com/lyrics/ibm aix smit
IBM AIX SMIT – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=IBM AIX SMIT&item_type=topic
Dynamic Logical Partitioning External links:
DLPAR or Dynamic Logical Partitioning problems \ How …
Dynamic logical partitioning for Linux on POWER
Linux kernel External links:
Linux kernel – Official Site
GitHub – torvalds/linux: Linux kernel source tree
IBM Building External links:
IBM Building | Ward Village
Properties \ Office \ IBM Building – Unico Prop
Honolulu’s Iconic IBM Building | Ward Village
IBM Academy of Technology External links:
Home – IBM Academy of Technology Blog
Rashik Parmar, IBM Academy of Technology, 9 December …
IBM Academy of Technology Channel – YouTube
Hard disk drive External links:
What is a computer hard disk drive – Answers.com
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory External links:
[PDF]IBM Zurich Research laboratory Overview
[PDF]IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
Amdahl Corporation External links:
Reviews from Amdahl Corporation employees about Amdahl Corporation culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more.
T. Vincent Learson External links:
T. Vincent Learson | Mediander | Topics
T. Vincent Learson · ChartLeaders
IBM Archives: T. Vincent Learson
KDE Plasma Workspaces External links:
yum -y groups install “KDE Plasma Workspaces” echo …
KDE Plasma Workspaces – YouTube
KDE Plasma Workspaces | Bulldog Reporter
Simultaneous multithreading External links:
[PDF]Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT)
“Simultaneous multithreading: Operating system …
IBM Pulse conference External links:
IBM Pulse Conference | Flickr
F5 at the IBM Pulse Conference
IBM Pulse Conference Impressions – AVOA
Shell script External links:
Understanding Shell Script Variables
Linux Shell Script Examples of the BASH “for” Loop
IBM Rome Software Lab External links:
IBM Rome Software Lab – broomo2.revolvy.com
broomo2.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Rome Software Lab&item_type=topic
IBM Rome Software Lab – Revolvy
update.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Rome Software Lab
Inspur K-UX External links:
IBM 801 External links:
IBM 801 | Article about IBM 801 by The Free Dictionary
Virtual memory compression External links:
Hybrid, Adaptive Virtual Memory Compression (Apple)
The Compression Cache: Virtual Memory Compression …
HYBRID, ADAPTIVE VIRTUAL MEMORY COMPRESSION
IBM Haifa Research Laboratory External links:
IBM Haifa Research Laboratory – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Haifa Research Laboratory