What is involved in Process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process modeling related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process modeling, Argument, Business architecture, Business model, Business process modeling, Business process reengineering, Change management, Enterprise architecture, Granularity, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Mergers and acquisitions, Method engineering, Model-driven architecture, Model selection, Process, Process architecture, Process calculus, Process flow diagram, Process model, Process ontology, Service-oriented architecture, Six Sigma, Sjaak Brinkkemper, W.S. Humphrey:
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Process modeling governance and observe effective Process modeling.
– How do we Improve Process modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is Effective Process modeling?
Argument Critical Criteria:
Face Argument results and secure Argument creativity.
– Who is engaged by change, who wants stability and values past practice, who focuses on relationships or prefers a compelling argument for the change initiative?
– Do we have past Process modeling Successes?
– How to deal with Process modeling Changes?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Unify Business architecture goals and separate what are the business goals Business architecture is aiming to achieve.
– Think about the functions involved in your Process modeling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Does our organization need more Process modeling education?
– Why are Process modeling skills important?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Business model engagements and improve Business model service perception.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Process modeling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
– What is our formula for success in Process modeling ?
– Is the scope of Process modeling defined?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Business process modeling management and create Business process modeling explanations for all managers.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Process modeling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do those selected for the Process modeling team have a good general understanding of what Process modeling is all about?
– What are all of our Process modeling domains and what do they do?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Think about Business process reengineering visions and arbitrate Business process reengineering techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Process modeling is underway?
– What are the barriers to increased Process modeling production?
– How do we keep improving Process modeling?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Mix Change management failures and prioritize challenges of Change management.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– How pro-active is the Organizational Change Management Plan?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– Why do we need Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
– What is Change Management?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Enterprise architecture failures and grade techniques for implementing Enterprise architecture controls.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Process modeling?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– How can the value of Process modeling be defined?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Granularity Critical Criteria:
Align Granularity projects and change contexts.
– For audit tracking, state the level of the granularity needed – do you just need to know that someone logged in and out, or do you need to know what screens or records or fields were accessed?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Process modeling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– To what level of granularity do the systems objects (e.g., files, directories/folders, components) need to be protected?
– A major challenge in indexing a web site involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Process modeling requirements in detail?
Lecture Notes in Computer Science Critical Criteria:
Audit Lecture Notes in Computer Science planning and arbitrate Lecture Notes in Computer Science techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How can you negotiate Process modeling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Why is Process modeling important for you now?
– Do we all define Process modeling in the same way?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Scan Mergers and acquisitions visions and oversee implementation of Mergers and acquisitions.
– Is there a Process modeling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Investigate Method engineering failures and correct Method engineering management by competencies.
– Think of your Process modeling project. what are the main functions?
– How do we go about Comparing Process modeling approaches/solutions?
Model-driven architecture Critical Criteria:
Merge Model-driven architecture results and document what potential Model-driven architecture megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Model selection Critical Criteria:
Talk about Model selection tactics and slay a dragon.
– What is the purpose of Process modeling in relation to the mission?
– Do Process modeling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What threat is Process modeling addressing?
Process Critical Criteria:
Categorize Process tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Process projects.
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What is your Quality Assurance process to ensure that the large volumes of data gathered in the monitoring process are handled efficiently?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– How will lineage/provenance of some or all of your data be documented (e.g., processing steps executed on raw source data)?
– Do you have a process for looking at consequences of cyber incidents that informs your risk management process?
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– How can I automate processes so it is easier to maintain and manage my applications in the cloud?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– What are we doing from process and systems perspectives to address the backlog issue?
– Which data is least likely to be used in the incident control process?
– Are segregation of duty conflicts identified within iam processes?
– Need tools to help you plan and simplify migration processes?
– Is PII going to be stored/processed by the cloud services?
– What is your process/plan for managing risk?
– What is the problem escalation process?
– Is the suppliers process defined and controlled?
– Can the process be simplified?
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Own Process architecture visions and define what do we need to start doing with Process architecture.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Process modeling activities?
– What will drive Process modeling change?
– What about Process modeling Analysis of results?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Process calculus governance and point out improvements in Process calculus.
– Consider your own Process modeling project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Process modeling that make it risky?
Process flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Grasp Process flow diagram leadership and display thorough understanding of the Process flow diagram process.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Process modeling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Process modeling effort?
– What are the usability implications of Process modeling actions?
Process model Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Process model goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Process model information.
– In the case of a Process modeling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Process modeling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Process modeling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Process modeling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Is Supporting Process modeling documentation required?
– Is there a defined process model and is it followed?
Process ontology Critical Criteria:
Generalize Process ontology issues and oversee Process ontology management by competencies.
– What are specific Process modeling Rules to follow?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Examine Service-oriented architecture governance and prioritize challenges of Service-oriented architecture.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are our Process modeling Processes?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Six Sigma adoptions and summarize a clear Six Sigma focus.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Process modeling. How do we gain traction?
– For your Process modeling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Have you identified your Process modeling key performance indicators?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
Sjaak Brinkkemper Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Sjaak Brinkkemper decisions and explore and align the progress in Sjaak Brinkkemper.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Process modeling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Process modeling into the services that we provide?
– How likely is the current Process modeling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
W.S. Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Transcribe W.S. Humphrey failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive W.S. Humphrey decisions.
– Does the Process modeling task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we Lead with Process modeling in Mind?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – camelmilk.store
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Argument External links:
Sample Argument Essays – Mesa Community College
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Guild
[PDF]Business Architecture Document – OpenSDLC
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
Business model External links:
OneTitle | business model
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Business Model – Investopedia
Business process modeling External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
Business process reengineering External links:
BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING: Essays
Job: BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING | Master …
[PDF]Business Process Reengineering
Change management External links:
MDT Software | Automation Change Management
Entromy – business change management platform
Change management experts -Change Management …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Granularity External links:
3 Answers – What is granularity in data warehouse?
Lock Granularity and Hierarchies – technet.microsoft.com
Granularity – definition of granularity by The Free Dictionary
Lecture Notes in Computer Science External links:
[PDF]Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science LNCS | Springer
[PDF]Lecture Notes in Computer Science – Home – Home – …
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
Mergers and Acquisitions | Kramer Levin
“The Sopranos” Mergers and Acquisitions (TV Episode …
Method engineering External links:
Green Method Engineering Pvt. Ltd – Home | Facebook
Model-driven architecture External links:
Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Model selection External links:
Model Selection | Larson Boats
ERIC – Student Role Model Selection: A Replication., …
Tolly Classified – Model Selection
Process External links:
Title V Process – HUD Exchange
Car Title Process – Have a problem? Let us help.
The Title Process – Get Results Realty
Process calculus External links:
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Process flow diagram External links:
Process Flowchart – Draw Process Flow Diagrams by …
[PDF]PROCESS FLOW DIAGRAM — EXAMPLE – in
A process flow diagram (PFD) is a diagram commonly used in chemical and process engineering to indicate the general flow of plant processes and equipment. The PFD displays the relationship between major equipment of a plant facility and does not show minor details such as piping details and designations. Another commonly used term for a PFD is a flowsheet.
Process model External links:
Motivation and Emotion: An Interactive Process Model – Title
[PPT]Software Process Model – StFX University
How to Make a Business Process Model: 13 Steps (with …
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Acuity Institute
Lean Six Sigma Certification | 6 Sigma Training