What is involved in Elastic Leadership
Find out what the related areas are that Elastic Leadership connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Elastic Leadership thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Elastic Leadership journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Elastic Leadership leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Elastic Leadership related domains to cover and 88 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Elastic Leadership, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Cloud computing, Cloud infrastructure, Data center, FreeBSD jail, Infrastructure as a service, Kernel-based Virtual Machine, Linux kernel, Rackspace Cloud, Software container, Solid-state drives, Storage area network, United States:
Elastic Leadership Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Elastic Leadership failures and pay attention to the small things.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Elastic Leadership experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do the Elastic Leadership decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Elastic Leadership been identified and analyzed?
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud failures and look at it backwards.
– For your Elastic Leadership project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Elastic Leadership Management?
– What are current Elastic Leadership Paradigms?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Coach on Cloud computing governance and mentor Cloud computing customer orientation.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– What happened to grid computing?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Cloud infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Cloud infrastructure leadership and acquire concise Cloud infrastructure education.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– Hybrid clouds have unique security requirements that legacy security cannot meet. Since traditional security tools provide limited visibility into cloud infrastructure, how are you going to protect what you can not see?
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (VM) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the AWS cloud cannot provide?
– How can you protect the hypervisor (a key component for cloud infrastructures) which interacts and manages multiple environments in the cloud?
– Which cloud deployment model enables to provisioning the cloud infrastructure for exclusive use by organizations that have shared concerns?
– Which component(s) of a cloud infrastructure framework helps automating the creation and delivery of computing resources to the consumers?
– Do I migrate applications to a cloud infrastructure or do I take the time to reengineer my applications and only migrate data?
– How will the switch happen to public cloud when the private cloud infrastructure gets mixed out?
– To what extent does management recognize Elastic Leadership as a tool to increase the results?
– Have you identified your Elastic Leadership key performance indicators?
– Think of your Elastic Leadership project. what are the main functions?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Data center goals and proactively manage Data center risks.
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– What about Elastic Leadership Analysis of results?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– How to Secure Elastic Leadership?
FreeBSD jail Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about FreeBSD jail leadership and question.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Elastic Leadership models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Elastic Leadership process?
– Are assumptions made in Elastic Leadership stated explicitly?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Infrastructure as a service tasks and correct Infrastructure as a service management by competencies.
– How do we Identify specific Elastic Leadership investment and emerging trends?
– How much does Elastic Leadership help?
Kernel-based Virtual Machine Critical Criteria:
Systematize Kernel-based Virtual Machine strategies and attract Kernel-based Virtual Machine skills.
– In the case of a Elastic Leadership project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Elastic Leadership project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Elastic Leadership project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Elastic Leadership is underway?
– Does Elastic Leadership create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Linux kernel Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Linux kernel goals and catalog Linux kernel activities.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Elastic Leadership?
– Are there recognized Elastic Leadership problems?
– What is our Elastic Leadership Strategy?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Read up on Rackspace Cloud goals and pay attention to the small things.
– What are all of our Elastic Leadership domains and what do they do?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
– What will drive Elastic Leadership change?
– Is the scope of Elastic Leadership defined?
Software container Critical Criteria:
Confer over Software container management and revise understanding of Software container architectures.
– Among the Elastic Leadership product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Is the Elastic Leadership organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Elastic Leadership?
Solid-state drives Critical Criteria:
Define Solid-state drives quality and look at it backwards.
– What are specific Elastic Leadership Rules to follow?
Storage area network Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Storage area network goals and work towards be a leading Storage area network expert.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Elastic Leadership project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Elastic Leadership?
United States Critical Criteria:
Look at United States failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling United States projects.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Elastic Leadership in a volatile global economy?
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Elastic Leadership is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Are you legally authorized to work in the united states?
– How to deal with Elastic Leadership Changes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Elastic Leadership Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Elastic Leadership External links:
Elastic Leadership: Review the Code – Developer.com
Why 5 whys? – Elastic Leadership
Elastic Leadership | Keller Influence Indicator®
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud External links:
[PDF]Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
Cloud computing External links:
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud infrastructure External links:
On-Premises Cloud Infrastructure | Ignite | Cloudistics
Dome9 – Cloud Infrastructure Security, AWS Security …
Service Provider Cloud Infrastructure with Red Hat – Dell
Data center External links:
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division
ADE Data Center – Home
FreeBSD jail External links:
Can’t start as service on FreeBSD jail FreeNAS – Google …
Iocage – A FreeBSD jail manager | Hacker News
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Cloud-Based Infrastructure as a Service Comes to …
Kernel-based Virtual Machine External links:
Kernel-Based Virtual Machine – reddit
KVM – Kernel-based Virtual Machine
Linux kernel External links:
Linux Kernel 5.0 Will be Coming in the Summer of 2018
Linux kernel mailing list – Official Site
The Linux Kernel Archives – Releases
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Drive | Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Images API v2.0 – Rackspace Developer …
Software container External links:
What is a software container? – Quora
Solid-state drives External links:
Solid-State Drives – PNY
Storage area network External links:
Support for booting from a Storage Area Network (SAN)
IBM Storage Area Network (SAN) | IBM
What Is a Storage Area Network? | SNIA
United States External links:
Intellicast – Current Radar in United States